API getTransitionsForAction problem

Hey there!

I´m new at piwik and work not in backend but in the API.

I create a little software in wich i can save Piwik profiles with tokens and get all site, page urls and page titles.
At the next step you can choose the profile, site and “query” (getVisits, getUniqueVisitors, getTransitionsForAction) and then you get the data.

The problem is the getTransitionsForAction call (Reporting API Reference: API Reference - Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) - Developer Docs - v3).
If i choose “url” for the actionType parameter and “/shop.php” as actionName parameter (and all other…), i get my data.

But if i have a longer url as actionName e.G. “/shop.php?article=abc&number=123”, i only get the following error: {“result”:“error”,“message”:“NoDataForAction”}

I think piwik dont search for “/shop.php?article=abc&number=123” but for “/shop.php?article=abc” because piwik think that are an further parameter like &number=123 for the REST api.

Is it at all possible that i can call the REST api with an url that has own parameter?

Thanks in advance!

Is it at all possible that i can call the REST api with an url that has own parameter?

Yes for this you need to first: URL Encode your URL.

So it would look like this:
%2Fshop.php%3Farticle%3Dabc%26number%3D123