[ANSWERED] Allow user email address more than once

hi,

we have 60-70 websites and there are some customers that have more than a single website. They want a seperate login for each of their websites – but it is impossible to create more than one user with an email address:

User with email ‘info31@…de’ already exists.

I know it already exists but why is it a problem for piwik?

greetings
tvierb
(btw great software. great online update feature. not so great it broke my piwik when going to 1.1. but now runs again with 1.1.1)

when you lose your login, you use email to recover password. it becomes a problem if you have multiple accounts. Plus I don’t see why you would want separate accounts for each website?

let me think :slight_smile:

I got the same problem/need.
I have 4 diffrent applications that have users, some have accounts in 2-3 of the applications.
I need to track each site sepertly, and give it dedecated user, since I do all through the API, to make it easier for the app amdin.

Any suggestions ?
except altering the email it self ? addign a for aof a prefix …

talofer99: create multiple users each with a unique email address; for each user, grant view/admin access to one or more sites

I wrote nonsense…

I see the problem that if I would use a single email address for multiple accounts it would be hard to send the right password when requesting recovery of an account.

My problem was that when creating new user accounts I must enter an email address while we manage the piwik reports and views for most of our customers on our own. Our solution would be to not create users for customers who do not need a login. We must have been stupid :slight_smile:

From my point of view we could close this thread…

[quote=talofer99]
I got the same problem/need.
I have 4 diffrent applications that have users, some have accounts in 2-3 of the applications.
I need to track each site sepertly, and give it dedecated user, since I do all through the API, to make it easier for the app amdin.

Any suggestions ?
except altering the email it self ? addign a for aof a prefix …[/quote]

I have same problem please help