Analytics on multiple domains

hi there, i have hit a brick wall and would be grateful if someone could help me.

I have piwik installed on my main domain and am using it to run analytics on all add-on domains that i have.

I had this running for 2 months and it was not picking up any visitors to my sites, despite knowing that people had been visiting them.

I deleted piwik (all codes from sites, piwik folder and sql databases) and resintalled it. I now appear to have some tracking working.

I added one add-on domain to track which seems to be working fine. When i create code to track another domain, these visits seem to register against the first add-on domain i setup to track on piwik…

I understand that piwik should be easier to track multiple domains than google analytics so at the moment i am really stuck!

I am really confused and would like to get this sorted as i think piwik could be a great tool for me and at the moment i cannot use it…

any help is most appreciated…
thanks in advance,
amit patel

It sounds like your tracking has issues? see faq Troubleshooting - Analytics Platform - Matomo

[quote=matt]
It sounds like your tracking has issues? see faq Troubleshooting - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Just looked into my tracking code and let me explain what is happening:

I have three websites being tracked on piwik… lets call them website 1,2,3

Website 2 is the busiest one at the moment and for some reason the results for website 3 are appearing in the dashboard for website 2…

I have checked the code and i cannot see how website 3 data is appearing in website 2 dashboard. I am pasting the code that piwik generates and nothing else…

Please help?

Thanks

Check that the “idsite” in the Piwik javascript code is the id 2 and not 3…