Analytics at minute level

Hello,

I am a newbie with piwik; I have been using AWStats for quite a long time.

One of the things I would like to see in piwik reports (this was not available in awstats reports) is analysis of pages / visitors / unique visitors at various time periods ranging from minute to years. From what I’ve seen, I can’t request reports for particular minutes or hours; only for days and over.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to generate granular reports for such short periods?

Thanks,
Nick

Not possible for performance reasons. however you can view the visitor log to get this infomration.

Thanks for the reply.

Two points:

1. Please clarify: Why would it cause a problem to performance to create such custom (ad hoc) reports for a short period -say, one hour- and generate them during off-peak hours? I would hope the software provides the functionality and let the admin(s) decide on when/how to use it.

Hasn’t anyone asked for it? Is it among some feature request list? Possible candidate for v2.0 ?

1. You mentioned: “…you can view the visitor log to get this information”. This is too detailed to provide meaningful results for a high traffic period (and does not help visualization). We would want a graph of it! I guess we could use the data as stored in a mysql table and generate a custom graph?

Thanks and best regards,
Nick