Alternative Authetication like OpenID, SSO etc

Hello Piwik-crew,

I dont know if this is the right place to ask. But i didnt want to open a ticket for now.
I have been using Piwik for half a year now (Version 0.5 to 1.0). A great project so far style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

I am working with a company which is tracking websites with several thousend visitors a day. But we kind of have a problem. We might need another authentication method like SSO.

I already did some research. I found the LDAP-third-party plugin. I also changed and tested the plugin. Also did some coding for test purposes. But it has 2 mayor flaws:

1.) It is not useable with the newest version (Not without some modifications)
2.) The way it works is not a real authentication. If it finds a user with LDAP it just copies the user into the piwik database. But it can not copy any changes in LDAP like deleting a user in the LDAP tree once a user is copied to piwik. Biggest problem: All the information is saved twice and the real authentication is still done by piwik.

Sadly that plugin is NOT useable even with adjusting the plugin to the newest version.

So my question is: Will there be a SSO-plugin or something like that any time soon? Something that will allow us to authenticate users differently?

Thanks in advance,
yato

There’s already a ticket to add this to Piwik. http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/160

re: copying users and authenticating in Piwik. OpenID doesn’t define the access privileges (admin, view, or no access to a particular website’s stats in Piwik) associated with a user, so the user has to be defined in Piwik.

Thank you for your answer.

I would like to develop an OpenID Plugin. Is someone already asigned to this task or has someone already started programming? What do i have to do to get involved in the development of the OpenID-plugin?

regards

Development hasn’t started. Please communicate on the ticket directly with your questions, specification proposals etc.
looking forward to seeing your work style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Today I started to develop an OpenID Plugin. It works, but nothing more. You will need the Apache OpenID module.

Thomas