After update error?

Hey guys,

I get this error after Update:

ContainerBuilder::addDefinitions() parameter must be a string or implement ChainableDefinitionSource, Piwik\Container\IniConfigDefinitionSource given

and I cannot go back or try again the update? what should I do now? how can I fix this error?
thanks.

I get exactly the same error on one of my sites -

one site upgraded perfectly -
one site crashed like this and can’t go back
one site just results in a bank screen, no upgrade or anything?

What are the next steps please?

ContainerBuilder::addDefinitions() parameter must be a string or implement ChainableDefinitionSource, Piwik\Container\IniConfigDefinitionSource given

Thanks muchly in advance.
Gman

VERY weirdly… I have just gone back and refreshed the error screen AND Piwik loads fine and displays as ver 2.13.0

Logged out, logged in, nil issue - works 100%

Very strange!

Weird

Gman

Hi,

I as well get this after updating to 2.13.0:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'ContainerBuilder::addDefinitions() parameter must be a string or implement ChainableDefinitionSource, Piwik\Container\IniConfigDefinitionSource given' in /piwik-server/vendor/mnapoli/php-di/src/DI/ContainerBuilder.php:261
Stack trace:
#0 /piwik-server/core/Container/ContainerFactory.php(57): DI\ContainerBuilder->addDefinitions(Object(Piwik\Container\IniConfigDefinitionSource))
#1 /piwik-server/core/Container/StaticContainer.php(74): Piwik\Container\ContainerFactory->create()
#2 /piwik-server/core/Container/StaticContainer.php(47): Piwik\Container\StaticContainer::createContainer()
#3 /piwik-server/core/Container/StaticContainer.php(101): Piwik\Container\StaticContainer::getContainer()
#4 /piwik-server/core/Cache.php(56): Piwik\Container\StaticContainer::get('Piwik\\Cache\\Eag...')
#5 /piwik-server/core/Plugin/Man in /piwik-server/vendor/mnapoli/php-di/src/DI/ContainerBuilder.php on line 261

Would anyone know why is this, please?

Thank you

For me, this broke Piwik completely. Luckily fix is easy.

Just move your Piwik folder somewhere. Download the latest Piwik and extract that to the same directory. Copy config/config.ini.php & misc/GeoIPCity.dat over to the newly created Piwik folder.

Then just open the page with your browser and it will give you a window saying “Database Upgrade Required”.

Proceed to Upgrade Piwik. “Piwik database will be upgraded from version 2.11.1 to the new version 2.14.1.”

That should do it.