Adding new search engine

Hi Folks,

I’m trying to add a new search engine to my piwik setup as explained in piwik.org/faq/general/#faq_39.

I’ve added the following line however I my new search engine still not being showed.

// Busk.com
www.busk.com’ => array(‘Busk’, ‘q’, ‘search?q={k}’),

Am I missing something?

This doesn’t change anything retroactively.

If you’re going to test it, wait 30 minutes (visit_standard_length) and clear your browser’s cookies, so that you’re counted as a new visitor.

Hi Vipsoft,

I’m testing using a browser per se, but instead I’m testing with jMeter. I’ve recorded the calls to pwiki.php using a proxy and I’m “replaying” it with jMeter, modifying some parameters before it.

When I pass an urlref with value “test - Пошук Google” piwik corretcly identifies it as a search engine an account it properly.

If change the value for “Monitore o presente, enxergue o futuro.” the visit is not account as a search engine. This lead me to the conclusion that the problem has to be with my configurations used to add Busk as a search engine, right?

However I can’t figured what I did wrong.

Do you have any ideas?

thanks in advance.

[quote=vipsoft @ Feb 24 2010, 02:00 AM]This doesn’t change anything retroactively.

If you’re going to test it, wait 30 minutes (visit_standard_length) and clear your browser’s cookies, so that you’re counted as a new visitor.[/quote]

Sorry, I added those lines to piwik/core/DataFiles/SearchEngines.php, simulated a visit with the Busk referer, and it worked for me. I’m not aware of any black magic involved.