Add "time spent on page" to the Visitors in Real Time widget

Hi all,

I think the time spent by a visitor on each web page that they’ve visited could be a useful information on low traffic websites like mine. Currently, we have two pieces of information for each page that is listed in the widget as an icon: 1- the title of the page, and 2- the time at which the page was visited.

Given that there is usually a “next visited page”, the difference between the two visit times provides a “good” (note the marks) indication of the time spent on the page with the older visit time. Not perfect, but an indication.

I had been more articulate in expressing this feature suggestion but it seems that I closed my browser before posting…

Are you asking to display the time spent on the page, in the tooltip that appears on the icon in the real time visitors widget?

[quote=matt]
Are you asking to display the time spent on the page, in the tooltip that appears on the icon in the real time visitors widget?[/quote]
Exactly.

Like “page title (xx:xx) datetime of visit”.

I guess it’s possible, right?

Thanks for the suggestion, I created a ticket at:Real time widget and visitor log to display Time spent on page · Issue #3274 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

can anybody let me know how to track the visitors by their username. I have a website that requires login details to access. I want to track the visitors by their username how it can be?

Good question. I wonder if such a tracking is possible as it seems to me that Piwik would then need to integrate with your access controller so as to associate the username with th user id that Piwik computes. Maybe that you’ll need to find a module or write one yourself.

PS: Could you please add your question again in a new topic? It bears little relevance to the time that users spent on the pages they visit.