Add custom fields to VisitorProfile

Hi I’ve started using Piwik recentry and this tool looks amazing!

I’d like to add custom fields to the VisitorProfile. For example add the email of a Visitor once he submits a form with the email (not being the email the User ID), so when you enter the Visitor Profile you can see the email of this user as part of his information.

I expected to do that using an API from the web app to add custom information about a visitor but I am not sure if right now Piwik supports this. I couldn’t find it in the documentation as it looks that Events - Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) - Developer Docs - v3 only offers “visitorAvatar” and “visitorDescription” as optional fields.

Anybody know is if this is posible right now or how would be the best way to integrate this into Piwik?

Thanks a lot in advance.

I’d like to add custom fields to the VisitorProfile. For example add the email of a Visitor once he submits a form with the email (not being the email the User ID), so when you enter the Visitor Profile you can see the email of this user as part of his information.

To add custom fields to a visit, use Custom Variables of scope “visit” http://piwik.org/docs/custom-variables/

Those custom variables will be displayed in the Visitor Profile and Visitor Log

Thanks a lot Matt. I thought that the custom variables would be temporary and only related to a specific visit, but if they appear in the Visitor Profile that should work for me. I’ll give it a try.

Thanks again for taking your time to answer.

Hi,

Is there any option of getting Visitor’s organization name also?

Thanks in Advance,
Kris

Kris, see How do I get company and ISP information using GeoIP databases? - Analytics Platform - Matomo