Actions -> Pages not working correctly after Update to 0.6.2

Since the update to Piwik 0.6.2, my Actions -> Pages site is not working correctly any more:

If I click on one of the pages categories (with the + in front of them), all I see is Loading…. But nothing happens (I waited 10 minutes).
Up to 0.6.1 this worked without a problem for me.

PS: I have a smaller website with 3.000 - 5.000 Visitors and 5.000 - 10.000 page views per day. Most of my pages categories have more than 1000 pages in them.

Any ideas how to get this working again?

By the way, I have the same problem with the online demo on piwik.org:

1. Go to piwik.org/demo/
  2. -> Actions
  3. -> Pages
  4. try to open the “trac” category ===> Loading … (nothing else happens)
  5. The other categories with less entries seem to work…

I have exactly the same problem since updating to Piwik 0.6.2.

If a folder on the pages site has too many entries, it does not open any more. All I see is LOADING.
This seems to be caused by the new report of Entry pages and Exit pages.

At the beginning of the day when the numbers are still low, the pages statistics work. At the end of the day, when the numbers are higher, it does not work any more.

Is there a way to get this working again? Can I deactivate the Entry pages and Exit pages stats?

[quote=swmaherl @ May 29 2010, 03:31 PM]By the way, I have the same problem with the online demo on piwik.org:

1. Go to piwik.org/demo/
  2. -> Actions
  3. -> Pages
  4. try to open the “trac” category ===> Loading … (nothing else happens)
  5. The other categories with less entries seem to work…[/quote]

it works for me on the demo, the pages inside ‘trac’ load after 1 second.

The status of the pages statistics seems to change with the number of entries:

My piwik:
In the early morning, I had 24 pages in a category, and that category opened very fast.
Now (11:30) there are about 180 pages in that category and it does not open any more.

Piwik.org piwik status of the last 2 days:

• It either works normally (beginning of the day, today)
  • Some subcategories are not opening. Now (11:30) Trac is opening for example, but Trac / Ticket is not. The other Trac subcategories are opening.
  • The whole trac category is not opening (end of day, yesterday)

There seems to be a limit, how many pages piwik can handle in a category. And that limit seems to have gotten lower with the latest version of piwik.
By the way, this only affects the user interface. The background works fine. I can see all categories with Desktop Web Analytics for Piwik, even if they are not working on my piwik website at the moment.

Are there any news on this topic.
After getting more and more mails from my customers that they can not see their statistics any more, instead only the loading sign, I had to go back to 0.6.1. With 0.6.1 everything is fine again.

Is there work done on this big problem? I hope there will be a solution soon.

Technical things:
Users with many visitors can not see their statistics
No errors (piwik or server), only showing the loading sign forever
PHP Memory Limit is set at 512 MB

Same problem here. We raised the PHP memory to 512 MB and it doesn’t work.

Should we try to raise the value of “max_execution_time” or is it really a bug? I took a look at the open tickets and didn’t find this issue.

Thanks for this.

Hmm, I tried it right now and can’t even open the folder ‘trac’. It’s just
saying “Loading…”. Yesterday, I was able to open “trac” and it just
happened with the sub directories.

Thanks for reporting the bug, I found it and it is very simple to patch: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/2292

Thank you for fixing it so quickly style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif.