Ability to Customize Order of Reports in Email Reports

A little background to start --> We are heavy users of the custom reports. We have built out several high-level report categories and subcategories to help us organize our reports that we want all matomo users to have access to. The subcategories each represent different pages of interest. For example, we may have something like the following:

Behavior

• Pages (stock)
  • Entry Pages (stock)
  • Exit Pages (stock)
    -Custom Subcategory #1 (with ~10+ custom reports found inside)
  • Custom Subcategory #2 (with ~10+ custom reports found inside)
  • Custom Subcategory #3 (with ~10+ custom reports found inside)

When it comes to email reporting, currently the reports are all listed in a sort of sporadic random order when compiling an email report. In the actions category, I will have the stock reports that Matomo curates mixed in with various different custom reports we have created. For example:

Actions

• Actions – Main Metrics (Stock)
  • Custom Subcategory #1 - Custom Report #1
  • Custom Subcategory #2 - Custom Report #4
  • Users Flow (Stock)
  • Custom Subcategory #1 - Custom Report #2
  • Custom Subcategory #2 - Custom Report #1
  • Exit Pages (Stock)
  • Outlinks (Stock)
  • Custom Subcategory #2 - Custom Report #3

When the emails are sent out, the reports are sent out in that same order. This makes it extremely unfortunate because it causes the email reports to appear very disorganized and does not allow for there to be a natural flow to the email. We would love the ability to either group the reports based on the subcategory or allow us to structure the order of the report. That way we can ensure that the email report follows a logical flow and allow the recipient to consume the data easily.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can elaborate more!

1 Like

This would be realy realy helpful! Now our reports are completely random and hard to read. To me it looks like some basic functionality to have the possibility to order your reports. For example, we want to start our email reports with a evolution graph that show the total usage of an application followed by more detailed insights.

Having the same random report issue here as well.

Feature request 17662 created in Matomo gitHub