500 error after upgrading to 4.2.1

Hi,
After upgrading to 4.2.1 I get a 500 error.

Plus this:

Files were found in your Matomo, but we didn’t expect them.
–> Please delete these files to prevent errors. <–
File to delete: php-fpm.core

What can I do to solve all this?

Hi,

Can you check your webserver error log to see the exact error that is happening?

I’m hosted in a shared environment, so I have added php_flag display_errors to some of the htaccess files, but nothing is displayed.
Which is the correct htaccess file to add the flag errors to?

Hi,

The better and more reliable way is to look at the eror log instead of changing the config (or asking your host how you can check for errors)

Strangely nothing happens even when I fiddle around in global.ini.php. Nothing is displayed, exept 500 internal error, and no log file is created (permissions checked).
Basically nothing happens.

I suppose I’ll have to contact the hosting.

Got info from the hosting.

This is what happens after I log in to the admin:

[error] 10106#106655: *1665 rewrite or internal redirection cycle while redirect to named location “@spawn_php” while sending to client, client: (masked IP no), server: xxx.xx, request: “GET /statistics/index.php?module=Dashboard&action=embeddedIndex&idDashboard=1&idSite=1&period=day&date=yesterday&segment=&showtitle=1&random=6491 HTTP/1.0”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/var/site/15/1562259/run/php-fpm/php-fpm-site.sock”, host: “xxx.xx”, referrer: “https://xxx.xx/statistics/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&idSite=1&period=day&date=yesterday

(Host and IP are masked.)

Hi,

In that case I would ask your hosting provider for help as it sounds like a NGINX/php-fpm issue.

The hosting says that it seems as a redirect in the application is not working.