30% conversions missing!

Hello,

I have a BIG issue with my tracking : I’m tracking goals in my website. I’ve been testing my tracker, and the tracker tracks correctly the goals.
If I go on a tracked page and press F5, I can see it correctly tracked the pageview and conversion on Piwik. I did this procedure 10 times in a row with no issue, F5, check, F5, check…
However, if I press F5 (and I wait for the page to be load) about 30 times, then I check on Piwik if everything is tracked correctly, I see that the 30 pageviews have been tracked fine, but I get about ~~22-24 conversion everytime. I searched for a huge number of possibilities, but I didn’t find the solution.
To do those tests, I did use a private page without anything loading on it, just the javascript tracker, and on a database unused by anything but this page, so it’s not a problem of 2 many requests or something like that. I checked my apache logs, vhost logs etc… without success (indeed, visits are correct but I’m just missing goals)

It is live on some websites of my own and I compared stats with GA’s, and visits count is correct, but conversions count of Piwik is missing 30% of GA’s. (That’s how I noticed the issue)

Do you have any ideas? I’m quite desperate…

Here is my tracking JS code if it can help

<script type="text/javascript">
  var _paq = _paq || [];
  _paq.push(['trackGoal', 2]);
  _paq.push(['setTrackerUrl','[..]/piwik.php']);
  _paq.push(['setSiteId', '7']);
  _paq.push(['enableLinkTracking']);
  _paq.push(['trackPageView']);
</script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="[..]/piwik.js"></script>

I don’t know if this could explain it, but piwik will only track one goal conversion per second -> maybe you tried to track more than once per second?

Oh I didn’t know that, but one goal conversion per second per visitor? That explains why it was so random when I did my tests, but it still doesn’t explain why I was losing conversion on my websites.

Is it possible that if there is another Piwik JavaScript tracker on the same website, it could disturb the other one? (we did change _paq 's name already)

Thanks a lot for the reply anyway

Is it possible that if there is another Piwik JavaScript tracker on the same website, it could disturb the other one? (we did change _paq 's name already)

Yes it’s possible! In fact if you use Piwik 2.3.0 it should show you an error in the javascript console of your website, when this is detected.

To track the same website in two piwik you have to use Synchronous tracking for now: http://developer.piwik.org/api-reference/tracking-javascript#multiple-piwik-trackers

Great ! Thanks for the answer ! I will tell you if I have any news about it when I will use it.