1.2 beta bug reports

I just updated to 1.2-rc3 and it looks great - definitely a lot of bug fixes.

However, I noticed that the ‘Visitors in Real Time’ widget seems to be stuck in pause. As you can see in the attached screen-shots, the latest date on the real time widget is from a day before the latest actual visit logged (both for the same week period).

The play button also seems to be click-able (and the pause disabled) based on coloring (see screenshot attached) however I don’t remember if this is correct or they are always like that. In any case, clicking the play button does not do anything and the live visitors do not update.

(should possible bugs like this be reported as new tickets in the tracker?)

Thanks,
Aaron

Hi matthieu

I am getting Error in my Archive job

- Archiving for visitor segment data ... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> - Archiving for visitor segment available ... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

Elam

The API reference on Piwik.org Docs seems to be down:

List of Piwik API methods, grouped by plugin
Warning: file_get_contents(http://demo.piwik.org/?module=API&action=listAllMethods&prefixUrl=http://demo.piwik.org/) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Connection timed out in /home/www/piwik.org/wp-content/themes/wp-inspirat/functions.php on line 62

Hi matthieu

after upgrade from piwik 1.1.1 to 1.2rc3 I get the following error

SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘visitor_idcookie’ in 'field list’
Error was NOT in 1.1.1

Just looked through all the posts again here and found a post referring to this error. Did have a third party plugin (GeoIP) and didn’t had it “Deactivated” BEFORE upgrade.

This should be stated clearly now as it is messing up the database.

Did a new upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.2rc3 with the following results:

1. upgrade with deactivated third party plugin:
    result: no error message of
    SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘visitor_idcookie’ in ‘field list’

2. visitor settings (OS, screenresolutions…) error: No data to show
    There was definitely data to show before upgrade.

Hi

Please disable the GeoIP plugin, I will post a fixed version soon in the ticket Plugin using GeoIP to accurately detect visitor countries, cities, and continent · Issue #5465 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

However, if you upgraded it should have automatically disabled the plugin and displayed the message “GeoIP plugin was disabled, because it is not compatible with the new Piwik 1.2”

so that didn’t work for you? definitely a bug

[quote=matthieu]
Hi

Please disable the GeoIP plugin, I will post a fixed version soon in the ticket Plugin using GeoIP to accurately detect visitor countries, cities, and continent · Issue #5465 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

However, if you upgraded it should have automatically disabled the plugin and displayed the message “GeoIP plugin was disabled, because it is not compatible with the new Piwik 1.2”

so that didn’t work for you? definitely a bug[/quote]

That message came up when the upgrade was done with activated plugin.
It came not up when the upgrade was done with deactivated plugin.
After upgrade, plugin was activated and no message was shown.

Does the fixed version of the GeoIP plugin has the town incorporated ?

more info
after activating the GeoIP no warning as described above. But after a new start of the db server piwik shows me the error

SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘visitor_idcookie’ in ‘field list’

Because of this, no data is shown in any widgets. After deactivating the Geoip plugin error message is gone and data is shown.

So, the Geoip plugin is no longer working. With 1.2rc3 to work properly, this plugin has to be deactivated.

when will official version be ready, are their alot of bugs left to fix?

UPDATE, 1.2-rc4 released with most bugs fixed! please let us know any new bug you can find (please DISABLE GeoIP plugin before or after the update).

Do you have to disable it if you have fixed the column name ?

Hi,

Testing 1.2rc4, all work fine but site reports not. I have no more stats.

In debug mode, I have the following error:

8<--------
Input parameters:
array ( ‘idsite’ => ‘3’, ‘rec’ => ‘1’, )
Loading plugins: { Goals,Provider }
Current datetime: 2011-02-22 15:30:29
Action is a normal page view, Action name: , Action URL =
COOKIE piwik_visitor, rows count: 2, cookie size = 168 bytes array ( 1 => array ( 1 => ‘b475800cb8830bf0’, 11 => 1, ), 2 => array ( 11 => 0, 1 => ‘253966f1a36e417f’, ), )
Visitor doesn’t have the piwik cookie.
There is an error. Please report the message and full backtrace in the Piwik forums.

Notice: Undefined index: trust_visitors_cookies in /path/to/piwik.trunk/core/Tracker/Visit.php on line 813

Backtrace -->

Error query: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘visitor_days_since_first’ in ‘field list’ In query: SELECT idvisitor, visit_last_action_time, visit_first_action_time, idvisit, visit_exit_idaction_url, visit_exit_idaction_name, visitor_returning, visitor_days_since_first, visitor_count_visits FROM piwik_log_visit WHERE visit_last_action_time >= ? AND idsite = ? AND config_id = ? ORDER BY visit_last_action_time DESC LIMIT 1 Parameters: array ( 0 => ‘2011-02-21 15:30:29’, 1 => 3, 2 => ‘-�HPhp’, )
Nothing to notice => default behaviour
End of the page.

array (
‘piwik_visitor’ => ‘1=***:2=***:_=***’,
’_pk_ref_9b676e5c’ => ***’,
)
8<--------

Any help would by appreciated :slight_smile:

[quote=matthieu]
UPDATE, 1.2-rc4 released with most bugs fixed! please let us know any new bug you can find (please DISABLE GeoIP plugin before or after the update).[/quote]

Will GeoIP plugin be fixed for the full 1.2 release? It would be a same to lose this plugin freature.

question:

answer:

:slight_smile:

[quote=toto_]
Hi,

Testing 1.2rc4, all work fine but site reports not. I have no more stats.

In debug mode, I have the following error:

Any help would by appreciated :)[/quote]

you haven’t uploaded the new config/global.ini.php file, please overwrite this file

UPDATE to 1.2-rc5, and report any bug in the post 301 Moved Permanently