1.1b4

Yesterday i installed 1.0 then installed 1.1b4 over the top of it (no problems with install). Clean install clean, database to start.

here is a list of problems we have noticed

so far

1. Can not get Asynchronous Tracking to work
  2. Live visitors ‘shows total visitors to date’ not ‘todays visitors’
  3. SEO plug In Yahoo Indexed Pages and Backlinks shows 0
  4. Visitors Page - Visitors log seems to be working in UTC time, my server time is set to UTC +7 but the visitor log for today only starts at 07.00
  5. long URLS still causing pagination problems on the dashboard widgets. i.e. search?q=cache:F1oGA0IxQD5J:www.example.com this is not shortened.
    also php pages i.e. www.example.php?ifosdjrnvidosksoxnc are not shortened

apart from these few problems things seem to be working ok. the interface feels quicker but that may be due the having an empty database to work with

good work guys i cant believe you have a beta for 1.1 already

if you want access to this install it is possible

Jek

Following on from above…

today we implemented archiving everything went ok
browser archiving is switched off and the reports processed time is set to 3600
it has speeded up page load time

noticed later that the visitors by server time widget on the front page had stopped working. Live visitors widget shows visitors at 15.10 but server time visits stopped at 11.00. The Visitors - Times page has also not updated the server times.

The live visitors widget on the front page has started to collapse itself on every page refresh (about every 10 secs) very annoying.

jek

Here’s an example of asynchronous tracking in the document’s head:

<html>
<head><title>Goal Test</title>
<!-- Piwik -->
<script type="text/javascript">
var _paq = _paq || [];
(function(){
    var u='//'+'www.example.com/piwik/';
    _paq.push(['setSiteId', 1]);
    _paq.push(['setTrackerUrl', u+'piwik.php']);
    _paq.push(['trackPageView']);
    _paq.push(['enableLinkTracking']);
    _paq.push(['trackLink', 'http://example.org/', 'link']);
    _paq.push(['trackGoal', 1]);
    var d=document,
        g=d.createElement('script'),
        s=d.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];
        g.type='text/javascript';
        g.defer=true;
        g.async=true;
        g.src=u+'piwik.js';
        s.parentNode.insertBefore(g,s);
})();
</script>
<!-- End Piwik Tag -->
</head>

Can you post a screenshot for this? both seem to be working for me

1. Visitors Page - Visitors log seems to be working in UTC time, my server time is set to UTC +7 but the visitor log for today only starts at 07.00

Thanks that was a bug indeed. Can you please apply the 1 line change: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/3531
and report if this is working fine after applying the change?

1. long URLS still causing pagination problems on the dashboard widgets. i.e. search?q=cache:F1oGA0IxQD5J:www.example.com this is not shortened.
    also php pages i.e. www.example.php?ifosdjrnvidosksoxnc are not shortened

can you please post a screenshot?

vipsoft

thank you , after a little tinkering we now have asynchronous tracking working

matthieu

the problem we were having with the visitors by server time widget was to do with our htaccess file. the piwik directory is protected and the cron server couldn’t get access. this is solved now

re my other issues

1. Live visitors ‘shows total visitors to date’ not ‘todays visitors’

At first (after day 2) i thought Live Visitors ‘visits’ seemed to be showing total visitors to date but now it seems that the Live Visitors ‘visits’ and Last Visits Graph are just out of sync. in the morning i have the total visits from the day before. this slowly corrects itself through the day. at the end of the day they are or seem to be in sync

currently we have 103 live visitor ‘visits’ and 108 visits on the visitors graph

3 & 5 I will mail you the screen shots

1. i will apply the patch and let you know the results

a few more observations

1. we have installed the geo plug in and it is working well but we did have a problem when trying to update previous data, running the geoipUpdateRows.php from the browser (we do not have command line access)

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 4718592) (tried to allocate 28894318 bytes) in /example.com/analytics/piwik/plugins/GeoIP/libs/geoip.inc on line 317

is there any way to update the tables with SQL?

6a. Visitors Countries widgets (both the Geo IP and the Visitors) widgets on the front page. the columns need to be re-sized as information to the right is not viewable. Unique visitors is too wide, Avg Time on Site not wide enough

1. we have a goal with a Returning visitors conversion rate is 104.8%, New visitors conversion rate is 26.8%

how is 104.8% possible ??? are returned visitors from previous days counted

#2 is a timezone issue that should be fixed already in trunk (and in the 1.1b4 test release).

#6 is because MaxMind’s GeoIP library tries to load the entire database into memory. If you look through the comments for the GeoIP ticket, I seem to recall a workaround posted.

2 is still a problem for us, we have 1.1b4 installed

now 11.14 pm earlier we had
103 live visitor ‘visits’ and 108 visits on the visitors graph
currently we have
111 live visitor ‘visits’ and 109 visits on the visitors graph

at the end of the day they will be sync’d but the live visitor ‘visits’ will carry over to the next day

i will check again at midnight

4 this is fixed

6 i will look through the ticket

2 is still a problem for us, we have 1.1b4 installed

and they are synced at 112

the visitors graph has not moved on to the next day, 112 live visitor ‘visits’ and 113 visits on the visitors graph
i had to reset the date to today in the date range box (it may have updated on its own if i had logged of and then on after 00.00) ill test this tomorrow

113 live visitor ‘visits’ and 02 visits on the visitors graph

Live Visitor ‘visits’ have carried over again

109 live visitor ‘visits’ and 02 visits on the visitors graph

108 live visitor ‘visits’ and 04 visits on the visitors graph

its as if the live visitor ‘visits’ is trying to predict the days visitors (cool)

i’ve also just noticed that the page views has stayed at 300. i thought this had been resetting itself.

112 live visitor ‘visits’ and 09 visits on the visitors graph

page views has dropped to 294

6 fixed

i thought i should add
the cron job for the archive is still active (hourly) but we are not currently using archiving
Piwik browser archiving trigger is turned off
processed at most set to 10 secs

10.30 (nothing reset overnight)
120 live visitor ‘visits’ and 45 visits on the visitors graph
live visitors page views has moved up to 316

#2 - the Live! widget actually shows visits in the last 24 hours. I will rename this in the widget from “Today” to “Last 24 hours”

Any other problem remaining?

matthieu

2 ok, this makes sense if it is visits in the last 24 hours and explains the difference between the live visitor ‘visits’ and visits on the visitors graph. this is now fixed

still outstanding (very minor)
#3. SEO plug In Yahoo Indexed Pages and Backlinks shows 0
#5. long URLS still causing pagination problems on the dashboard (Entry & Exit Pages) widgets
#6a. Visitors Countries widgets (both the Geo IP and the Visitors) widgets on the front page. the columns need to be re-sized as information to the right is not viewable. Unique visitors is too wide, Avg Time on Site not wide enough
#7. we have a goal with a Returning visitors conversion rate is 104.8% ???

if you let me have an e-mail address i will send you some screen shots. i didn’t want to post on the forum as they contain ip addresses, keywords etc. (i did send a pm)

i also wanted to say thank you to both you and vipsoft your support. Like your product your level of support has been excellent.

This is no longer an alternative to G analytics. Piwik is far superior, not only that but i can trust the data
(it is mine!) B)

Jek

i noticed this in the visitor log from yesterday (may be a glitch, maybe not!!)

Same ip address hit 3 pages at exactly the same time (this could have been a bot)
1 & 2 are the same (sub) page
3 is the home page
keyword was the same for all and they were all were referred by google
none of these entries were flagged as a returning visitor

Tue 28 Dec - 03:01:25
IP: 75.26.142.xxx
Provider: Swbell [United States, Provider Swbell] [Internet Explorer 8.0 with plugins java enabled] [Windows 7, 1920x1200 (wide)]
Plugins: Java
Google Google
Keywords: "bla bla bla"
1 Action - 0s

1. http://www.example.com/directory/page.html

Provider: Swbell [United States, Provider Swbell] [Internet Explorer 8.0 with plugins java enabled] [Windows 7, 1920x1200 (wide)]
Google Google
1 Action - 0s

1. http://www.example.com/directory/page.html

Google Google
1 Action - 0s

1. http://www.example.com/

The Visitor Log still is not working correctly.
I am in the EST timezone UTC -5:00, when I choose the date for any day before today the first visit that shows is just before 19:00 hours, I have verified that there are visits between 7pm and midnight and should be showing here.

did you apply the update

dev.piwik.org

Thank you vipsoft. I have been checking for a solution for this issue as it was slowing down production on my end. I was about to pull my hairout. I just tweeked up the code a bit and after a beer and some elbow grease I now have asynchronous tracking working.