0.5?

I’ve been on SVN all the time and my installation updated to 0.5 – even though the website says 0.4.5 is the latest.

Anyway, the reporting seems to be broken as hell in 0.5. I’ve been running awstats and webalizer on my access_log, and I’ve been running Google Analytics for a bit in tandem.

Example, awstats reports for 31st Oct:
visits: 905
pages: 1773
hits: 6460

I realize that all stats are a little different, but piwik is off:
visits: 149
pages: 140

Google Analytics pretty much matches awstats and webalizer. Piwik used to too before I updated.

I don’t even understand how I can have less pages than visits. But anyway. I also realize the update process might have broken something, but can anyone let me know what? Or how I’d check.

Thanks,
Till

P.S.
Slightly related. My account on trac is also broken. Can anyone reset my password? =) I tried it myself, but I’m stuck in a redirect loop when I try to login with the new password.

Piwik 0.5 hasn’t been released yet.

General disclaimer: Svn is the development area and at times, may be unstable.

In 0.4.4, we enhanced Piwik’s bot filter to exclude visits from the Bing and Google smart bots (which look like real browsers, complete with cookies and javascript enabled). I wouldn’t know if that’s the source of “error” without looking at your server logs, but would be the most plausible explanation.

[quote=vipsoft @ Nov 2 2009, 02:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Piwik 0.5 hasn’t been released yet.

Yeah, usually, my install would only let me know there is a new update when there is a new release. I don’t understand why I went on 0.5 then? I’ve only upgraded to releases in the past.

QUOTE (vipsoft @ Nov 2 2009, 02:38 AM) [<{POST_SNAPBACK}>](index.php?act=findpost&pid=5471)
General disclaimer: Svn is the development area and at times, may be unstable.

As I said, in the past I always went from 0.4.1 to 0.4.2, etc… I never went to bleeding edge un-released. :wink:

QUOTE (vipsoft @ Nov 2 2009, 02:38 AM]In 0.4.4, we enhanced Piwik's bot filter to exclude visits from the Bing and Google smart bots (which look like real browsers, complete with cookies and javascript enabled). I wouldn't know if that's the source of "error" without looking at your server logs, but would be the most plausible explanation.[/quote]

Yeah, I don’t know either. Do you know if this is done based on IP, or other characteristics? Because I keep the other analyzers up to date with IP lists and what not.

Thanks,
Till

The MSN/Bing smart bot is filtered by IP: 65.55.0.0 to 65.55.255.255

The Google smart bot is filtered by user agent: Googlebot

re: svn. Usually, we don’t bump the version number until we package up for release.

You might want to edit your script to check for the latest release via http://api.piwik.org/1.0/getLatestVersion/ before “svn up”.

You should also make sure you have the fix from http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/1550.