because it seems to be a non-beta-test issue, here’s an extra thread:
Database growing on dashboard refresh:
- dashboard shows only one visit
- delete the blob and numeric archive tables (phpMyAdmin)
- refresh the dashboard view (filter: day)
- blob and numeric archive tables are created (blob: 30 entries, numeric: 16 entries, label idarchive: 1)
- refresh the dashboard view again
- blob and numeric archive tables content is doubled exactly (blob: 60 entries, numeric: 32 entries, label idarchive: 2, label ts_archived: adjusted time)
- every dashboard refresh increases the tables without new website visits.
What for? Without new vistors Piwik only needs one set of data! Think about starting the archive tables with 100k entries and 3 users working with Piwik refreshing the daily data twice a day…
Premonth table creation:
Yesterday (Wednesday, 21, 2010) I deleted both archive tables for March and April.
After refreshing the dashboard (filter: day, date from above) not only the April archive tables were created but additionally the March archive tables.
Today this doesn’t happen… style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif I’ll keep track of it.
Maybe someone wants to test this of his own in the meantime.