0.5/0.5.1 Actions/Sites Problem

Hello,

after A try to direct update from 0,45 (no chance style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif ) I made a backup from the old version, clean the directory and then copy the new 0.5 version in it - including the old config file.
After this three widgets doesn’t work properly.
First: Live! (fixed in 0.5.1)
Second: Page Titles
Third: Sites
I have German as language…
The thing is: “Seiten” reads the last used Sites - not the older ones (since yesterday I think). “Page Titles” (no german translation…) reads the older entrys - not the actual! style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif
What can I do to fix it?

Regards
HHenning

something is really mixedup/broken with the page-titles and the pages modules and widgets of them in 0.5.1 !!

i upgraded to 0.5.1 (from 0.4.4) and it does not depend on any language. this is what happens here:

• on dashboard the “pages” widget is now gone and is just "widget not found"
    somehow this widget does not work on dashboard anymore if it was already there and makes somehow a mess: users can not switch to any other page as long as this broken widget is on dashboard. means one clicks in menu but always get to the dashboard! removing this broken widget solves this). inside db i see this dashboard config

[[{"uniqueId":"widgetActionsgetActions"}],[],[]]

• on actions->page-titles is now the output of the old pages module.
  • on actions->pages is no data available as its the output of the new page-titles module

as possible workaround im going to try is:

• change the names of pages and page-titles inside the lang files (we do not use many and most of them do not contain a translation for page-titles anyway)
  • try to do an sql update for all our customers on their dashboard config to have them the new page-titles module (that actually outputs the old pages statistics) on dashboard where the broken one is… (needs some scripting but is just a simple string replacement in piwik_user_dashboard.layout: “widgetActionsgetActions” -> “widgetActionsgetPageTitles”)

or is there already a fix around somewhere? i’ll post more infos as i’m looking into this now (i need to upgrade our customers!)

greets.ivo

Hello,

thanks for the reply - I’m already thinking I’m the only one with this problem…
Thanks also for the fine explanation what the Problem is - I am not so involved in this - so that I can not give so good answers, sorry.
As I understand you - this is a temporary Problem and has no influence on the Database, right? (this is my primary fear…)

maybe you could change the title of this post and remove “, German Translation Problem for this?” as this is a general problem in current 0.5.1

my fixes as described did work on backend. now i’m testing the whole data acquiring process to see if all still works… i’ll post here again.

if you need more infos about the fixes i could post some more detail…

when acquiring new data they appear in the right module (not renamed ones). so my proposed fix does not really work and piwik is really broken!
so do not update!!! i have no time for further investigations what is really wrong… but i’m not able to update (again!)

its even worse: what you see (titles or url) depends on what period you a look at: a day or a week. and so on. i’m not shure what happens with new data in db, but things are definitly broken!

The problem with the german translation of “Page Titles” has to do with the language file under piwik/lang:

In the en.php (English) I found
’Actions_SubmenuPageTitles’ => ‘Page titles’,

in line 231, but there is no entry for “Actions_SubmenuPageTitles” in any other language file. I fixed the problem for the german language file (de.php) by adding

‘Actions_SubmenuPageTitles’=>‘Seitentitel’,

in line 216!!!

Hope that will help!!!

Carsten

[quote=HHenning @ Dec 10 2009, 12:11 PM]Hello,

after A try to direct update from 0,45 (no chance style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif ) I made a backup from the old version, clean the directory and then copy the new 0.5 version in it - including the old config file.
After this three widgets doesn’t work properly.
First: Live! (fixed in 0.5.1)
Second: Page Titles
Third: Sites
I have German as language…
The thing is: “Seiten” reads the last used Sites - not the older ones (since yesterday I think). “Page Titles” (no german translation…) reads the older entrys - not the actual! style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif
What can I do to fix it?

Regards
HHenning[/quote]

@Piwik_user: that fixes only the missing translation. but not the broken widget on dashboard and the swaped outputs of pages and page-titles.

Hello,

thanks for the german translation - but when it is not the real problem i can live with it.
Is the problem with pages/page titles affecting the database?
Have everyone this problem?
What can we do?
Has anyone a developer account to post this in bugtracker?

thanks for every help.

Regards

Thanks for the bug report - I created a ticket: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/1069

we will fix it in the next few days and the fix will be available in 0.5.2

Hello,

thx for the answer.
Is the data that is coming in meanwhile afacted (must it be ex/imported after update 0.5.2, or is it only a problem with representation?

It’s only a problem with the user interface, visits and page views are still counted normally.

the swap of pages and page-titles makes really strange outputs in my backend:

• day view: all looks ok, but swapped
  • week view with the upgrade in the middle: pages = only new pages, page titles = mix of old pages and new page-titles

I read the bug report, but it’s not clear if it’s the same or not.
Can you confirm (or not confirm) that this is the same issue as the JSON error reported here:
/index.php?showtopic=2341&st=0&gopid=9881&#entry9881