0.4.5 Installation - Database Upgrade

After installin PIWIK an update of the database was made, after the following error message was shown: x43.at/piwik.gif
p.s. why the operater doesnt allow a link to above domain/url?

What php version are you running. As a workaround, try editing config/config.ini.php, and change the adapter from MYSQLI to PDO_MYSQL.

The reason some URLs cannot be displayed in this forum is to reduce link spam.

Hi There,

yesterday I tryed to install Piwik on my Webserver. Everything went fine. But at the end I was informed that my database had to be updated. When I oushed the “update”-Button this Failure Message appeared:

"Kritischer Fehler während dem Upgrade-Prozess:

/www/htdocs/w008295d/piwik/core/Updates/0.2.10.php:
Error trying to execute the query ‘CREATE TABLE piwik_option (
option_name VARCHAR( 64 ) NOT NULL ,
option_value LONGTEXT NOT NULL ,
autoload TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT ‘1’,
PRIMARY KEY ( option_name )
) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8
’.
The error was: Mysqli statement execute error : Table ‘piwik_option’ already exists"

I deleted the complete installation and database to see if the Failure would appear a second time. And yes, also with a new installation and a new created database I have this problem.

Could anyone help me, what to do?

Thanks!

[quote=vipsoft @ Oct 29 2009, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What php version are you running. As a workaround, try editing config/config.ini.php, and change the adapter from MYSQLI to PDO_MYSQL.
PHP Version 5.2.10 - I changed, didnt help
QUOTE (vipsoft @ Oct 29 2009, 12:23 PM]The reason some URLs cannot be displayed in this forum is to reduce link spam.[/quote]I see, some URLs - and why my domain? I´m no spammer!

oidahabara: we’re using a whitelist, not a blacklist. It’s not specifically filtering your domain out.

oidahabara and isa4: I’ve merged your posts under one topic as they appear to be about the same issue.

Hi Vipsoft,

i changed the adapter from MYSQLI to PDO_MYSQL. But only the last sentence in the error message changed a bit into this:

The error was: SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘piwik_option’ already exists
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

Can you login to your db and tell us what you get for:

SELECT @@GLOBAL.sql_mode;
SELECT @@SESSION.sql_mode;
SELECT * FROM piwik_option;

I’m sorry. But I don’t understand how I can do this. I have no experience with database tasks like this.

I logged in phpmyadmin and went to the “Abfrage-Editor”. Sorry, don’t know what is the name in English. Query-Editor perhaps?
Entered the first line, you posted me:

SELECT @@GLOBAL.sql_mode;

I became the message that the Synthax is wrong. Or do I have to add something? Sorry, but I am an absolute database newbie style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif

I´m in same position like isa4 (ich auch nix verstehen)

Ididnt understand what you mean, or want, I put your text on several places and got this one

may be I look for an easier …

Hi,

me again.

with help of oidahabaras screenshot I was finally able to get out of this option_table db some data. But I am a little bit confused. Because there are many strange symbols in there, and also text and links, which are definitely not from me and where I don’t know how they get into my brandnew and never before used database? !?!!

For example there are some guys talking about Xbox, a new movie and other stuff?

@oidahabara: when you do again, what you did in this screenshot and then go to “Druckansicht”, you should become a report. Do you have the same phenomen?

Example:

ý�version_Installation0.110.1�?� ?�����þ€������def���?� ?�����þ€������def���?� ?�����þ€������þ.110.1�?� ?�����þ€������def���?� ?�����þ€������def���?� ?�����þ€������þ.110.1�?� ?�����þ€������def���?� ?�����þ€������def���?� ?�����þ€������þ.110.1�?� ?�����þ€������def���?� ?�����þ€������def���?� ?�����þ€������þ.110.1�?� ?�����þ€������def���?� ?�����þ€������def���?� ?�����þ€������þ���þption_name option_name �@���ý@�����þ��þ���.0; Windows indows aller Zeiten abgeliefert. Bereits seit der ersten internen Beta (wir sind ja zumeist dazu verdammt neue Produkte bereits in frühen Stadien auszuprobieren und intern reifen zu lassen) machte es einen erstaunlich guten Eindruck, nahezu alles funktionieret von Beginn an und die Geschwindigkeit und Stabilität waren von Anfang an überraschend sehr hoch. Dazu weniger nervend und deutlich bedienbarer als alle anderen Windows vorher.

Auf meinen Rechnern zu Hause – darunter ein sehr altes Tablett Modell, läuft schon seit einigen Monaten Windows 7, seit etwa Mitte August die finale RTM Fassung die Ihr nun auch kaufen könnt.

Für uns geht’s nun weiter, diese Woche kam auch noch Forza 3 für die Xbox 360 in den Handel, kommende Woche geht Lips “Number 1 Hits” an den Start, eine Woche darauf kommt schon die deutsche Partyversion für Lips die wirklich Laune macht.

Im kommenden Jahr wird dann Office 2010 kommen, seit einigen Wochen arbeite ich auch damit und kann meinen Spaß mit der technical Beta kaum verbergen. Schnell, stabil und vor allem viel bedienbarer als die aktuelle 2007 Version.

Irgendwie bin ich beruhigt dass wir es doch wieder geschafft haben technischen Fortschritt, Qualität und Konsumentenorientierung unter einen Hut zu bringen.

style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif Should I find this funny or creepy?

These don’t look right at all.

Remove config/config.ini.php and Go through the Installation steps again. Try PDO_MYSQL and when prompted, choose Delete existing tables.

I did, what you told me and it works now!! Thank you very much for your help. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

Servus & Thanks!

Yes I did it too, - as I always say: its easy to do, if you know what to do style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif