Wrong Encoding and not display logo


#1

Good day!
There was a problem after updating piwik’a:
Wrong encoding header displays the pages and do not see your logo at the top of the page (in spite of the fact that he is on the server).
Help to find out would be very grateful.

p.s. in which tables piwik stores information about the site, for example, if I want to completely reinstall piwik to avoid losing data.
Thank you.

[attachment 236 Untitled-1.png]


#2

I have also in Russian and Ukrainian language


#3

I have it after the update occurred from 1.4 to 1.5 (Automatic)


#4

I would like to just hear the opinion of the developers what they think about it. In what encoding are stored most of these page titles and in which encoding output.


#5

[quote=oleglux]
I have also in Russian and Ukrainian language[/quote]
Ну при установке может быть :slight_smile:
p.s. со мной можно и по русски :slight_smile:


(Matthieu Aubry) #6

Oh Yes, I see the same problem on the demo.

Some text, for example in: virtual-drums.com - Saturday, January 13, 2018 - Web Analytics Reports - Matomo (after swithing to Ukrainian) are not displayed properly.

Sorry about the problem. I will contact Noah the translation coordinator and try and follow up. Otherwise, if there are not many, you could maybe fix the strings in the langauges files in lang/uk.php and send it to us at translations aaaat piwik.org


(jOoL) #7

Hi All,

I have the same problem in french language regarding the encoding. see picture below. Always on the same place. Others title spaces are encoded right.

Capture 1


Capture 2

Capture 3


#8

[quote=matt]
Oh Yes, I see the same problem on the demo.

Some text, for example in: virtual-drums.com - Saturday, January 13, 2018 - Web Analytics Reports - Matomo (after swithing to Ukrainian) are not displayed properly.

Sorry about the problem. I will contact Noah the translation coordinator and try and follow up. Otherwise, if there are not many, you could maybe fix the strings in the langauges files in lang/uk.php and send it to us at translations aaaat piwik.org[/quote]
It is not that something in the language file is not correct. There’s just all right. The conclusion is incorrect coding on pages themselves. A logo does not appear why? OO Picture on the server is, and will not be published (for me).
P.S. and it is not ukrainian, and Russian (wow confused).


#9

Encoding problem is not actual status.


#10

[quote=webadequate]
Encoding problem is not actual status.[/quote]

how did you fix it? having same issues with russian language on version 1.5
translation files have proper encoding

i’ve found something in module ajax response
the first highlighted message on attached file is not rendered properly, but second is ok. looks like, that some of module titles are being wrapped by htmlentities() before output, but i can’t find where


(vipsoft) #11

The encoding issue is now reported in Double encoding for report name · Issue #2519 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub.

The logo is a separate issue. If this is a custom logo, then it’s probably already fixed in trunk. Otherwise, check the permissions on the file itself allow it to be read by the web server user. (themes/default/images/logo*.png or if custom, themes/logo*.png).


#12

I found a solution :

Modify /plugins/CoreHome/templates/single_report.tpl replacing :


<h2>{$title|htmlentities}</h2>

by


<h2>{$title|escape:'html'}</h2>

It should not cause problem with htmlentities default encoding conversion…


(Matthieu Aubry) #13

Thanks for the reports! the bug was fixed in SVN: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/5243
new version coming in a few days…