Widgets crash but dashboard works

I have installed the VisitsSummary Last Visits Graph on my clients sites and i am having two issues. The first is IE will not show the graph. It just hangs and never finishes loading. The second issue is i keep getting this error depending on which browser i am in:

Open Flash Chart

JSON Parse Error [Syntax Error]
Error at character 0, line 1:

0: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN

it might work in FF for the PC but then it wont in FF for MAC or vice versa but when i click on the link i set up to go to the dashboard all the widgets work in all browsers.

Is anyone else having these kind of issues? Does anyone have a solution?

God bless
jason

Please see if either of these patches helps:

http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/1339
http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/1335/t…/Controller.php

Well i don’t think that helped. at this point i placed in the code if ie then use the iframe code and if not ie use the flash code which appears to be working on pc based browsers but now ff for mac does not work. that part that is confusing me the most is the fact that all browsers see the piwik dashboard just fine

Are you running the latest version of Piwik? There was a recent (0.4-ish) update to libs/swfobject/swfobject.js.

Can you include any more of the error message text?

here is more of the error:

Open Flash Chart

JSON Parse Error [Syntax Error]
Error at character 0, line 1:

0: <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN” "http://www.w3.org/T

I thought i had the most recent. I downloaded this code just within the last few weeks. Oddly enough i noticed when i put in those two bug fixes you sent me my code was also missing a require_once PIWIK_INCLUDE_PATH .’/core/Loader.php’;

That would pre-0.4…

If you can wait, we’ll be pushing 0.4.3 out the door “real soon now”.

ok, do you have an idea of how soon?

I’m waiting for feedback on another bug report.

Was the bug every fixed … im getting this bug when viewing the widgets iframe or object tags

djbilly: 0.4.3 has been out for almost a month. If hou’re not running the latest version, please upgrade.

I just download the latest about a week ago… and im getting this error

here is a link showing the error:

i view it in safari and firefox giving the error:

www.specinternational.com/piwik/index.php?module=Widgetize&action=iframe&columns[]=nb_visits&moduleToWidgetize=VisitsSummary&actionToWidgetize=getEvolutionGraph&idSite=1&period=day&date=2009-09-04&disableLink=1

P.S. You add link doesnt work!!! in the forum so i had to just post the link above

Try viwing in other browsers

Why would you expect it to work if you disabled anonymous viewing?

dont know what your talking about… i didnt disable anything… just trying to figure why your script isnt working!!

now i cant even add links… keeps saying “You have entered a link to a website that the administrator does not allow links to”

i even tried adding a link to google just to test? hmmm…

i have downloaded a fresh copy of the piwik script and did a re-install and still get the Error

The ONLY browser that i can see the widget work in is Firefox for mac

The URL you gave takes me to your dashboard’s login screen. That means you haven’t set “anonymous” to “view” the stats for idSite=1.

One reason why iframe widgets may work for FF Mac is that you previously used that browser to login to your Piwik dashboard, so the browser saved the authentication cookies.

If you’re serving widgets via object tag on a different domain, you’ll probably also need to configure you crossdomain.xml file.

Ok that did the trick…

sorry didnt know about the user settings for a anonymous viewing…

thank you for your help!!