Widgets breaking in IE6, IE7, and IE8 :S

Hi everyone,

I have a problem - I’m embedding widgets on a page, located on an external domain to my Piwik installation.

The embed code is failing in IE6, IE7, IE8 - but works in IE9. Here is the code - taken from the Piwik Widget page, and pasted in “as is”

http://pastebin.com/23rKVTqz

I’ve swapped the domain to say example.com. Does anyone know why this isn’t working? Flash player is up to date in all browsers, and I have a crossdomain.xml file installed on the external domain.

The above code works in FF, Chrome and Safari (I’ve yet to test in Opera)

Kind regards,

Rob

Maybe a problem related to IE security and P3P headers? can you try different security settings in IE?

Hi Matt,

Thanks - sorry for the delay in replying to you. I’ve taken your advice, and lowered the security settings to accept all cookies - and turned off everything which could be blocking things… Alas, flash still fails to load.

IE 6 through to 8 fail. IE9 and all other browsers are ok. I am taking the code “as is” from the piwik api widget page.

When embedding as an iframe - this works… when embedding as flash, it doesn’t work. Really starting to pull my hair out on this one…