Widgets are blank

Hi All,

I have problem with widgets, that appear blank or with the error message (error message from the attachment, where you can see “Unexpected data type to render”). The page where I put widgets looks like on the attachment. I didn’t do anything strange, just copied the code of widget and pasted on the page (code of that part of the page below that message).
I have checked all suggestions regarding blank widgets, and none of these work :frowning:
The most strangest thing is, that if I log in to Piwik dashboard for that domain (in the same browser), and then I refreshed the page, all widgets are working fine. I have no idea, what’s wrong, especially, that in the other place of the website, there is one widget too, but this one works without any problems all the time.

I’d be grateful for any suggestion, what could cause that problem.

Thanks
Pete

Code of the page:

<h3>Visits</h3>
<div id="widgetIframe1" style="min-height: 250px;"><iframe width="100%" height="250" src="http://(...)/index.php?module=Widgetize&action=iframe&columns[]=nb_visits&columns[]=bounce_rate&moduleToWidgetize=VisitsSummary&actionToWidgetize=getEvolutionGraph&idSite=2&period=day&date=today&disableLink=1&widget=1" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"></iframe></div>
<h3>Goals overview</h3>
<div id="widgetIframe2" style="min-height: 160px;"><iframe width="100%" height="160" src="http://(...)/index.php?module=Widgetize&action=iframe&moduleToWidgetize=Goals&actionToWidgetize=widgetGoalsOverview&idSite=2&period=day&date=today&disableLink=1&widget=1" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"></iframe></div>
<h3>Length of Visits</h3>
<div id="widgetIframe3" style="min-height: 140px;"><iframe width="100%" height="140" src="http://(...)/index.php?module=Widgetize&action=iframe&moduleToWidgetize=VisitorInterest&actionToWidgetize=getNumberOfVisitsPerVisitDuration&idSite=2&period=day&date=today&disableLink=1&widget=1" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"></iframe></div>
<h3>Visits by Day of Week</h3>
<div id="widgetIframe4" style="min-height: 350px;"><iframe width="100%" height="350" src="http://(...)/index.php?module=Widgetize&action=iframe&moduleToWidgetize=VisitTime&actionToWidgetize=getByDayOfWeek&idSite=2&period=day&date=today&disableLink=1&widget=1" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"></iframe></div>

Of course in the place of “(…)” is correct domain.

Error message:

Unexpected data type to render.

Backtrace:
#0 /var/www/html/Analytics/core/ViewDataTable/Cloud.php(74): Piwik_ViewDataTable->checkStandardDataTable()
#1 /var/www/html/Analytics/core/Controller.php(152): Piwik_ViewDataTable_Cloud->main()
#2 /var/www/html/Analytics/plugins/VisitorInterest/Controller.php(42): Piwik_Controller->renderView(Object(Piwik_ViewDataTable_Cloud), true)
#3 [internal function]: Piwik_VisitorInterest_Controller->getNumberOfVisitsPerVisitDuration(true)
#4 /var/www/html/Analytics/core/FrontController.php(138): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 /var/www/html/Analytics/core/FrontController.php(159): Piwik_FrontController->dispatch('VisitorInterest', 'getNumberOfVisi...', Array)
#6 /var/www/html/Analytics/plugins/Widgetize/Controller.php(67): Piwik_FrontController->fetchDispatch('VisitorInterest', 'getNumberOfVisi...', Array)
#7 [internal function]: Piwik_Widgetize_Controller->iframe()
#8 /var/www/html/Analytics/core/FrontController.php(138): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#9 /var/www/html/Analytics/index.php(53): Piwik_FrontController->dispatch()
#10 {main}

if you replace the piwik server with the demo.piwik.org and use idSite=7 which is public (token_auth=anonymous) do the widgets work OK ?

Yes, the same widgets, but from demo.piwik.org work fine. What does it mean? Is it something wrong with my widgets?

Can you try upgrade to latest version:301 Moved Permanently

I’ve updated to the latest version (1.9 RC), but it still doesn’t show up :frowning:

can you confirm the URL that works well on the demo, but does not work on your server?

what is the error again?

also try to put your piwik public temporarily, do the widgets load then ?

OK, issue solved. In neither of iframe srcs I’ve put “token_auth=…”. :confused:

Thank you matt - your suggestion to put piwik public temporarily made that I noticed, that there is no token_auth at all in URLs :slight_smile:

Stupid error…