Widgets and sparklines extremely slow

Almost every widget and sparkline on every page takes about half a minute to load, so for instance the dashboard page, for any given date or period will take almost 5 minutes to load. Also, if I try to navigate to a different Piwik page, it will display ‘Loading data…’ until what seems is when the previous page has finished loading. Usually one or two widgets or sparklines will display almost instantly, so I have the impression it may have something to do with too many things going on at the same time, but I don’t have a clue how that sort of thing might work.

I’ve checked the logs, but can’t find any errors related to Piwik. PHP memory limit is set to 128M. I’ve already setup auto archiving, which is very fast, so that can’t be the problem.

Is there anything else I can try to get things working normally?

Thanks.

it sounds like sparklines trigger archiving. Are you sure you also changed the General settings in the UI as explained in http://piwik.org/docs/setup-auto-archiving/ ?

Thanks for your reply.
Under ‘General Settings’, I have ‘Allow Piwik archiving to trigger when reports are viewed from the browser’ set to ‘No’, and ‘Reports for today will be processed at most every’ set to 3600.

some users reported such problems on Windows due to htaccess. Make sure you use latest webserver, php, mysql

Hi,
I just wanted to report that the update to Piwik 1.1.1 has solved my problem.
By the way, this was not on Windows. I think the server runs CentOS 5.
Thanks.