Widget or api call to show visits per action

I would like to implement a simple graph of page hits over time for particular pages on a website. I’ve gone through the API reference and a bit of the code but have not been able to find a way to do this. I’m not sure if I want a widget like the “Last visits graph” on the dashboard or to just get the information via the API and graph it in the app but it would be ideal if both ways were possible. Can anyone help point me forward?

Thanks.

Well, 15 months later and I’m still curious how to do this. I went through the API docs again and still didn’t see how this could be done. I want the number of hits or visits for a particular action over time, possibly by various time periods. But in order to keep my question simple: how do I get the number of hits per day for an action over the past 7 days.

This is not (yet) easy to do unfortunately, covered in: Row Evolution: historical view of one or many specific rows in all Piwik reports! · Issue #534 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub

Thanks, that is what I’m looking for, not sure how I missed that ticket. I completely agree with your statement that “This would make Piwik a much stronger Analytics tool.”