What is /plugins/LanguagesManager/Commands/CreatePull.php?

Hello,

Thank you for this amazing analytics platform.

I have a very basic question regarding a certain file which is giving me a “possible malware” warning from my website’s security application.

What is this file and what does it do? Is it only needed in certain situations (when is it needed)? Is it only needed to login to Github? If this file is not necessary for my install, I would like to remove it if possible.

Thank you for your help in advance :slight_smile:

This file is safe, there is no possibility to do anything bad with it. But you can remove it if you want. If you can, please report the bug to your website audit tool as this is a false positive.

Hi and thank you so much for your reply. I absolutely believe it to be safe, as I wouldn’t expect anything else from your amazing product :slight_smile:

My question was specifically in regards to what it was and what it does. I don’t want to delete it if it has any function I currently or may use in the future, but at the same time it’s the only warning my firewall is giving me and for warranty and support services I would like to remedy the issue to have a 100% safety score.

On a side note, I’ll be sure to report this false positive to the developer of my security solution.

Thanks,
Zechariah

Hello,

I am politely asking for an answer to the following question.

Thank You

A cursory inspection of this script shows that it’s intended to be used by Piwik developers.

If you’re not planning to make any changes to Piwik’s language files on your server that you also want to upload to the github repository where in-development Piwik scripts are retained, you can safely delete this script.

As Matt has already said, you should report this false positive to the group that is in charge of your web site audit tool.