Weird Data in Stats

I’ve been running Piwik for a few days now. I’m starting to see some really weird data now. Sepcifically in the campaigns section. I don’t have any campaigns set up, but they look like they are being recorded as random letters.

Also, I’m being shown a bunch of referrers that don’t make a whole lot of sense. Like phpmyvisits.us. I’m fairly certain I’m not linked to from that site.

Any ideas? This data is throwing my stats off by thousands of visitors.

I’ve included a couple of screen captures just in case they help.

EDIT: This would happen to be data generated by generateVisits.php would it? If so, is that file secured enough to only be run by a logged-in user or is it open to the world?

And, just for more information, this issue seems to only affect site ID #1.

Yes, this is demo data. The misc/generateVisits.php script requires Piwik superuser access. So, if you clicked the link (found on the API page and one of the Installation screens), and hit escape/back/…, chances are the script continued to execute. The way PHP works, scripts are not aborted unless the script tries to write output back to the browser (and then detects that the connection has been closed). We’ll be adding some UI interaction to mitigate such accidents.

see the ticket http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/693