Weekly Montly email reports not working

Hello,

we update Matomo to 3.7.0 with php7.0 and geoIP2.

now the pdf email reports not working.(module=ScheduledReports)

1. email repords not send automatic, but i can send ist with “send report now”.
  2. it is only the aktuell day in the report.

It does not matter if I select week or month, it is only the current day in the report.
Also, we have found that some sites had the settings for the reports after the update disappeared.
We currently have no idea what this could mean.
We checked all settings and the system.
The newly used php7.0 was also checked in the settings.

We would very much like to thank you for your hints and help.
Best regards paolo

Hi,

A lot of people have reported this issue, but no one on the Matomo team could reproduce it.
My current guess why this happens is the following: When you click “send report now” your normal PHP server sends the mail successfully. But the automatic reports are mostly invoked by the cronjob and therefore it uses the php-cli instead of php-fpm (for nginx) or the apache php server. This PHP often uses a separate php.ini file (/etc/php/7.2/cli/php.ini vs. /etc/php/7.2/fpm/php.ini for me).

So my guess is that php mail is only set up for the latter, but not the former. (Unless you are using SMTP for mails. That would ruin my theory :slight_smile: )

This isn’t a bug. When you click “send report now” it doesn’t send a report for the time range you selected for the email interval (weekly, etc.), but for the interval you have currently selected in the dateselector.

Hi Lukas,

Thank you for your comments. It is a very good note with the php CLI, because I forgot to install php7.0 when installing. I’ll get that close now.

Point 2 the “only the current day in the report” I understand. If the “ScheduledReports” work again, the problem should be solved.

Is there any way to manually start the “ScheduledReports” for tests. So I can see that they work now?

We would very much like to thank you for your hints and help.
Best regards paolo

Hi,

Just make the PHP call in the cron job manually. Depending on what os are you running it would look something like this

sudo -u www-data php7.0 /var/www/matomo/console core:archive --url=https://matomo.example.com/

Hi Lukas,

Many Thanks. Now everything works fine. I tested it with console core: run-scheduled-tasks --force.

The email vVersand has always been using SMTP.

It was actually the missing php-cli. Stupid mistake.

Regards Gerald

1 Like