Warning message after first data received


(bfa) #1

Hi guys,

I’ve installed Piwik 0.2.35 on our hosted company webserver. The installation worked without any errors and the dashboard displayed (without data of course).

After adding the script into our template and accessing the webpage to generate some data, I receive now the error messages you see in the attached image:

Warning: gzuncompress() [function.gzuncompress]: data error in /webhome/bfa.ch/www/stats/core/Archive/Single.php on line 250

Backtrace -->
#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(2, gzuncompress() [function.gzuncompress]: data error, /webhome/bfa.ch/www/stats/Archive/Single.php, 250, Array ([name] => Referers_searchEngineByKeyword,[typeValue] => blob,[table] => piwik_archive_blob_2009_05,[db] => Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql Object ([] => mysql,[] => Array (),[] => 2,[] => Zend_Db_Profiler Object ([] => Array (),[] => ,[] => ,[] => ),[] => PDO Object (),[] => 0,[] => 1),[value] => xœK´2´ªÎ´Ò5´ö³®�Ä)) called at [(null):0]
#1 gzuncompress(xœK´2´ªÎ´Ò5´ö³®�Ä) called at [/webhome/bfa.ch/www/stats/core/Archive/Single.php:250]

I need to mention that our website is built with Silverstripe 2.3.1.

I’ve also did a web- and forumsearch but the only thing I found was the following old bug: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/203 but that ticket was closed 5 months ago.

Anyone of you guys has any idea where the problem is?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan

Screenshot:
[attachment=44:piwik_error.jpg]


(Matthieu Aubry) #2

I added a faq on http://piwik.org/faq/troubleshooting/#faq_61


(vipsoft) #3

What version of PHP are you using? What version of the gzip libraries? What platform are you on?

Can you see if the test case in http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=42805 errors out on your system? (note: there’s a missing semi-colon after the line: LSsY=’)


(bfa) #4

Thanks for the fast response.

@matthieu:
Unfortunately deleting the table didn’t work for me. I deleted it multiple times, but the error always reappeared.

@vipsoft:
The test case runs fine on our webserver. Btw it’s a dedicated hosting, so I don’t have much options for re-configuring it.

Our webserver is as follows:

  • Apache/2.2.11 (Debian) PHP/5.2.9-2
  • MySQL Server Version: 5.0.77

I don’t know which zip library is relevant, so I’ll post all versions here:

  • Zip version 1.8.11
  • Libzip version 0.9.0
  • zlib Compiled Version 1.2.1.1
  • zlib Linked Version 1.2.3.3

If you need any further information let me know.

Thanks


(vipsoft) #5

There’s a decompression bug fixed in zlib 1.2.3. I don’t know which zlib is used by your php setup, or if it’s the root cause in your case, but should be eliminated.