Warning during upgrade to 3.0.0

I got the following warning after upgrading to v3:

Warning messages:
You are not allowed to change the value of the setting “enable_plugin_update_communication” in plugin “CoreUpdater”

What does this mean and what are its effects?

Do you get just this error message and nothing else?
or can you still use Piwik such as login, view reports, etc. ?

Got the same error under exact circumstances.

Now trying to access Piwik shows an error screen with the following message:

Call to undefined method Piwik\Menu\MenuTop::add()

Hello

can you please upgrade to 3.0.1-b1 where this should be better, ie. now you should be able to see the “safe mode” screen which lets you disable the plugins easily. Start by disabling any plugin not created by Piwik until you find the plugin causing this bug?

http://piwik.org/faq/how-to-update/faq_159/

Will try that in the evening and will let you know.

For me. moving the folder plugins/BotTracker aside fixed the problem.
In a second step, I had to add an “AllowOverride all” for the piwik folder in my apache config.

Got exactly the same problem and opened a discussion with no response. But my Piwik installation works perfectly after that with no problems at all. Should I do something or I do not have to worry?

I have the same problem. Got the same message when upgrading:

You are not allowed to change the value of the setting “enable_plugin_update_communication” in plugin “CoreUpdater”

When I go to my piwik url, I get:

A fatal error occurred

The following error just broke Piwik (v3.0.1):

Call to undefined method Piwik\Menu\MenuAdmin::add()
in
/www/livetstre_net/livetstre/stats/plugins/BotTracker/Menu.php line 29
Troubleshooting

Follow these steps to solve the issue or report it to the team:
If you have just updated Piwik to the latest version, please try to restart your web server. This will clear the PHP opcache which may solve the problem.
If this is the first time you see this error, please try refresh the page.
If this error continues to happen, we appreciate if you send the error report to the Piwik team.
Further troubleshooting

If this error continues to happen, you may be able to fix this issue by disabling one or more of the Third-Party plugins. If you don’t know which plugin is causing this error, we recommend to first disable any plugin not created by “Piwik” and not created by “InnoCraft”. You can enable plugin again afterwards in the Plugins or Themes page under settings at any time.

Barometer 0.6.0 deactivate
BotTracker 0.57 deactivate
ExampleRssWidget 1.0 deactivate
LiveTab 1.0.8 deactivate
SecurityInfo 1.0.5 deactivate
If this error still occurs after disabling all plugins, you might want to consider uninstalling some plugins. Keep in mind: The plugin will be completely removed from your platform.

PiwikPro uninstall
ReferrersManager uninstall
VisitorGenerator uninstall
Zeitgeist uninstall

You can ignore this warning, it is fine :thumbsup: