"Visits Per Server Time" shows 11 unique visits for today at 11pm

The rightmost column shows 11 unique visits. Which certainly has not happened yet. The columns for 14 to 22 are correct and empty.

I restored the database backup of yesterday, and the same thing (15 unique visitors at 11pm) where shown when I got the report for yesterday.

I tried dropping archive tables and getting the reports again, but nothing changed.

And you are sure, that your server uses the correct timezone?

I believe the problem is not about the time zones. If there were some timezone problem, there wouldn’t be a single column of 11 visits on the far right. The other columns between 2pm and 11pm would have at least a small amount of visits.

Also this report is “per server time”. So it is not important which timezone the visitors were in, the time of their visit is recorded based on the server time. And it should not show anything in server’s future time.

I missed to say that the report was taken at 1pm. So the empty columns are correct. The column at 11pm is showing visits for still not happened future, and is the problem occurring every day.

Hi there,

Thanks for the report. We are not aware of this bug so far. Could you please upgade to latest Matomo and if you still have the problem (for the next 2-3 days) then we really appreciate if you can open a bug report on: Issues · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub
and we will investigate. Thanks,

@matthieu We have the same issue. I’ll report an issue at github

@toredash
Did you post an issue for it? Can you please give me the link? I couldn’t find it on github. And I still have that problem with matomo 3.10

@matthieu
I still have that problem with Matomo 3.10.0

This image shows the problem both in Local Time and Serer Time reports. It was taken at about 18 o’clock local time, and it shows visits for future hours. Also there are visits at hour 23:00 for server time.

No I contacted support. The issue was that the web page in Matomo was not set to use timezone UTC.

Could you please try to alter / verify your timezone settings in your Matomo site and report back?

@toredash
In matomo settings, for my website I’ve set the Time zone to be my country by name, and not by UTC offset. Should I change it?

And I don’t think that would cause the problem with that visitors which are shown only for hour 23:00 and not before that.

I did post an issue! Here it is:
https://github.com/matomo-org/matomo/issues/14279

Yes I would change the timezone to UTC, as your logs and data will most likely be UTC coded rather than local time.

Changing timezone now won’t affect previous data, only new data coming in.