Visits not accurately tracking

Hello, I’ve been having the same problem for a few versions of piwik now.

Coming from google analytics, it seems that only about 10% of the traffic on any of my sites is being logged in piwik. Also, piwik never records search engine keywords, even on a search-heavy site.

I decided to do some testing. I cleared out all the logging tables (log_action, log_visit, etc). I cleared my cookies. I started hitting my site (which does have the absolutely correct version of the tracking tag right above ). My process was simple: clear cookies, go to a page on the site, check the database table for visits. Truncate the tracking tables, clear cookies, go to a page on the site, … I did this probably about 20 times, and only 2 of my visits were actually recorded. Just in case, I tried in a few more browsers and still the same issue.

When setting up, piwik never shows errors or wanrings. Any ideas? I really love the project and want to use it, but I’m having a lot of problems with innacurate data! Thanks.

Ok, I think I actually found the problem. Enabling the SearchEnginePosition plugin prevents all visits coming from any search engine from being logged. May be worth looking into!

You should contact the plugin author for support. AFAIK this plugin isn’t a candidate for inclusion in the core distribution.