View "Locations" for all sites not working

Hi. We are a wiki farm and have many subdomains for our site, with different side IDs.

It is important for us to have global statistics though, so I’d like to be able to see “Locations” statistics for “ALL WEBSITES”, but when I click on all websites, it redirects me to another page with just page views, when I actually want to see locations for all websites.

How would that be possible?

I’m not quite sure what you want? There is no view showing all websites besides the All Websites Dashboard and it shows only basic informations.

What you want, might be possible with an API call, but I can not help you with that. Maybe @peterbo or @Lukas can?

Hi,

If you want to see aggregated statistics for the total of all websites (like visitor location on all websites), you can do so with the RollUpReporting-Plugin. But keep in mind, that it needs to generate the reports for the sum of all visitors again which may use more resources if you have many visitors.

Alternatively, you can add a second tracker to any page with an “aggregated Website-ID”. Have a look at: JavaScript Tracking Client: Integrate - Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) - Developer Docs - v3, under the headline " Collect your analytics data into two or more Matomo servers".

You can use the same Matomo server and just track into another Site-ID.

1 Like

Thank you for your responses.