Very few Visitors

Hi,
I got a webpage >1000 visitors a day. and i had piwik installed before.
After i switched the page to another webserver and made a new piwik setup, it only shows about 10-20 users a day. But thats not correct. It should be much much more. The Javascript is before the tag in the source. I have no clue why it doesnt displays all user ?! What could it be ?

I have the same problem, wrong visitor values after server restart.

Since a server restart, piwik tracks nearly nothing.
The visitors per day are above 1000 (webserver-access-log), but piwik shows only between 0 and 4 visitors per day, why?

Best Regards,

Daniel

piwik: After a server restart, you should run a check on your mysql database. Repairs are not done automatically.

Daniel: Are your web pages and Piwik installation on the same domain? (I just want to rule out cached web pages and DNS updates not yet propagated.) Are your PHP and MySQL server timezones configured to match? Tracking code updated?

Hello vipsoft,

no, the piwik installation is on a subdomain becouse of I track 5 domains. (The tracking code is still the same.)
For this subdomain php5 is installed as CGI. The rest of the Server runs with php4.
3 of the domains are on the same server under the same IP.

A mysql database check was done after restart, no corrupt tables in the piwik database.
The time timezones for mysql is not set, here the start command:

/usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/usr --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid --skip-external-locking --port=3306 --socket=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

The Server runs on CET and there is no date.timezone set for php5 in the php.ini.

I have also disabled the webpage cache. The DNS update works fine.

These two Screenshot shows the same Domain.

[attachment=841:besucher1.jpg]
[attachment=851:besucher2.jpg]

Piwik was Installed at March 4th in the afternoon and worked well until Friday, 12th
Friday morning was a hard-reset (without shutdown).
After Friday, Piwik collects only a maximum of 8 Visitors.

The second screen shot shows the statistic, generated from the httpd-log for the same days.

What else can I do?

I’m just about to re-install Piwik.

Do you still have any idea?

I’m Looking forward and hope for an easy troubleshooting,

Daniel

PS how do I activate the email alerts for new posts in this topic

Has anybody a solution?