v1.2 Live Plugin Problems / Update Error

Hi,

I did an automatic update from v1.1 to v1.2 and during installation I received the following errors:

There is an error. Please report the message and full backtrace in the Piwik forums.

Warning: include(/var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/tmp/templates_c/%%8F^8FF^8FF1054A%%update_one_click_done.tpl.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1263

Backtrace -->
#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(2, include(/var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/tmp/templates_c/%%8F^8FF^8FF1054A%%update_one_click_done.tpl.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory, /var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php, 1263, Array ([resource_name] => /var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/plugins/CoreUpdater/templates/update_one_click_done.tpl,[cache_id] => ,[compile_id] => ,[display] => ,[_cache_info] => Array (),[_smarty_old_error_level] => 30719,[this] => Piwik_Smarty Object ([template_dir] => Array ([0] => /var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/plugins,[1] => /var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/themes/default,[2] => /var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/themes),[compile_dir] => /var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/tmp/templates_c,[config_dir] => configs,[plugins_dir] => Array ([0] => /var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/core/SmartyP...#1 Smarty::fetch() called at [/var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php:1263]#2 Smarty->fetch(/var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/plugins/CoreUpdater/templates/update_one_click_done.tpl) called at [/var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/core/View.php:172]#3 Piwik_View->render() called at [/var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/plugins/CoreUpdater/Controller.php:73]#4 Piwik_CoreUpdater_Controller->oneClickUpdate()#5 call_user_func_array(Array ([0] => Piwik_CoreUpdater_Controller Object ([] => ,[] => Array (),[] => Array (),[] => Array (),[] => CoreUpdater,[] => ,[] => ,[] => 0,[] => Piwik_Site Object ([] => 0),[pathPiwikZip] => /var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/tmp/latest/latest.zip,[pathRootExtractedPiwik] => /var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/tmp/latest/piwik),[1] => oneClickUpdate), Array ()) called at [/var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/core/FrontController.php:125]#6 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch() called at [/var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/index.php:60]

There is an error. Please report the message and full backtrace in the Piwik forums.

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/tmp/templates_c/%%8F^8FF^8FF1054A%%update_one_click_done.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1263

Backtrace -->
#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(2, include(): Failed opening '/var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/tmp/templates_c/%%8F^8FF^8FF1054A%%update_one_click_done.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear'), /var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php, 1263, Array ([resource_name] => /var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/plugins/CoreUpdater/templates/update_one_click_done.tpl,[cache_id] => ,[compile_id] => ,[display] => ,[_cache_info] => Array (),[_smarty_old_error_level] => 30719,[this] => Piwik_Smarty Object ([template_dir] => Array ([0] => /var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/plugins,[1] => /var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/themes/default,[2] => /var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/themes),[compile_dir] => /var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/tmp/templates_c,[config_dir] => configs,[plugins_dir] => Array ([0] => /data/shared/htdocs/boxes/vbox1...#1 Smarty::fetch() called at [/var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php:1263]#2 Smarty->fetch(/var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/plugins/CoreUpdater/templates/update_one_click_done.tpl) called at [/var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/core/View.php:172]#3 Piwik_View->render() called at [/var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/plugins/CoreUpdater/Controller.php:73]#4 Piwik_CoreUpdater_Controller->oneClickUpdate()#5 call_user_func_array(Array ([0] => Piwik_CoreUpdater_Controller Object ([] => ,[] => Array (),[] => Array (),[] => Array (),[] => CoreUpdater,[] => ,[] => ,[] => 0,[] => Piwik_Site Object ([] => 0),[pathPiwikZip] => /var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/tmp/latest/latest.zip,[pathRootExtractedPiwik] => /var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/tmp/latest/piwik),[1] => oneClickUpdate), Array ()) called at [/var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/core/FrontController.php:125]#6 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch() called at [/var/www/vbox11/piwik/piwik_v1.1.1/index.php:60]

When I hit refresh, the errors disappeared and I got the database upgrade page. The database upgrade ran fine and Piwik seems to work without errors.
I hope the error is just a Smarty hickup and it just couldn’t display the template.

Anyway, since it’s a rather large installation, I deactivated the Live plugin, because sometimes it gives me “memory exhausted” errors. Only problem is, when deactivated my Apache error.log gets filled up with this sentence over and over again:

The plugin 'Live' is not activated. You can activate the plugin on the 'Plugins admin' page.

I don’t know if this has something to do with the update, but it floods my error log. :frowning:
When I activate the Live plugin again, these error messages stop…

Does anyone know, what causes this?

This is OK, it is because some browsers are still open fetching the ajax responses. This bug is fixed in the new version of Piwik so there is no more queries once you disabled it.

Ah, yeah I think this was the problem. :slight_smile:

Tried again to deactivate the Live plugin and now there are no errors in the error log…thanks for the info! :slight_smile: