I am planning to migrate our Matomo installation to a new server. But I need to have a solution to continue tracking users during the process. I have seen the plugin Queued Tracking, which would be useful for that. Here’s what I plan to do. Could someone tell if it seems correct ?
- Install Queued Tracking, activate it
- Disable the “Process during tracking request”
- Copy Matomo and Mysql tables to new server
- Modify DNS
- Once all requests are sent to new server, copy the contents of the tables “queuedtracking_list_*” from old to new server
- Set a cronjob on new server to process the queue every minute and import all data since step 2.
- Keep it like that or disable “Process during tracking request”
I fear that there might be some auto-increment index causing problem at step 5., and don’t know if there is a solution for that…