Using piwik multisite

Hi I’ve got lots of sites which I want to use piwik on (around 10). Firstly, I would like to know whether I am able to manage multiple websites under one dashboard - instead of logging into each sites analytics one by one.

Secondly, I don’t want to connect up all the sites that I own into one source. E.g. I have 3 websites in the same space which I present as different businesses altogether. I do not want them to have the same piwik tracking file host on all three sites. Is there a way for each site to keep the tracking info on it’s own web server and then communicte with the main dashboard via the backend?

Finally, one of the websites is on a single site/db host. Can I host piwik inside the same database as a wordpress db (all the tables will be prefixed so they don’t clash). Or is this a really bad idea?

Failing that - are there are good dependable mysql db hosts out there that I can use?

What you want to do is the essence of Piwik.
When you’ve installed Piwik you add each website which will generate code. Add the code to each page of the site and you’re done

It doesn’t matter where your sites are located they’ll all report back to the URL where Piwik is installed.

When you’ve installed all your sites on Piwik you can use the drop down menu to select which sites stats you want to view

I’m particularly interested in incognito’s first question. I have a bunch of sites set up in Piwik, but many times would like to pull reports (similar to those available for each individual site) that cover all of them. For example: Visitor Log, Actions, etc.

When you say “pull reports” do you mean:

1. view them on screen at the same time so you can compare results side by side?

2. View them in PDF or HTML?

As far as I know 1 is not possible but 2 is

#2 would be fine, but I was mainly thinking about the online results. I’m not looking to compare necessarily, just to see an aggregated version of Visitor Log, Actions, etc for all sites in one view. Sometimes it’s handy when I want to check for example, the latest referrers across all sites without having to open each site up in Piwik and check.

To the best of my knowledge you have to compare results manually. I do not know of any way to compare results side by side probably because of the length and breadth of the information available.

You can see all your websites via the All Websites Dashboard

See demo here

Not sure this is 100% what you want, but its a start.

I know exactly the type of results you are after… unfortunately piwik doesn’t allow such summary reports (ie list multiple sites, have then a list view of stats beside to the right all in one easy to view report-let) If it makes you feel any better even google analytics doesnt do that straight out, the only analytics tool that does is omntiure via its company summary reports or some 3rd party GA tools via an GA api do with limitations.

Maybe this would be a great feature for piwik dev team!!! HINT HINT

website 1 PVs UVs Visits TimonSite Pages/Visit
website 2 PVs UVs Visits TimonSite Pages/Visit
website 3 PVs UVs Visits TimonSite Pages/Visit
website 4 PVs UVs Visits TimonSite Pages/Visit
website 5 PVs UVs Visits TimonSite Pages/Visit
Grand totals(if desired)

Or another version

website 1 PVs (time period comparison) PVs (change in numbers or percent) UVs (time period comparison) UVs (change in numbers or percent)
website 2 PVs (time period comparison) PVs (change in numbers or percent) UVs (time period comparison) UVs (change in numbers or percent)
website 3 PVs (time period comparison) PVs (change in numbers or percent) UVs (time period comparison) UVs (change in numbers or percent)
website 4 PVs (time period comparison) PVs (change in numbers or percent) UVs (time period comparison) UVs (change in numbers or percent)
Grand totals (if desired)