Use Domain Installed with Piwik and also host Destination Page?

Hi there

I just started using Piwik!

I did a check for an answer before posting this. I apologise if it has been addressed.

1. I wanted to ask if its possible to have the same domain hosting Piwik and also the destination URL?

For example, my Piwik is installed on XYZ.co/piwik and my destination URL can be XYZ.co/how-to-create-a-wordpress-site.html

Would that work? Or do I need to install Piwik in a sub-domain?

2a) I plan to create my own psuedo “URL shortener” by having the XYZ.co domain to redirect (using 301) to an external link. For example, the tracking link could be XYZ.co/shopping and the XYZ.co domain redirects the traffic to an external link like yahoo.com/shopping.html Is that possible? Will Piwik still be able to track the incoming and outgoing traffic?

2b) Based on the above example in (2a), I assume it is possible to have a customised word like “shopping” in the tracked link? [XYZ.co/shopping] Please let me know if that’s not possible.

1. In the documentation for Advance Tracking, there was a mention of “Javascript can not be used: Ebay pages, MySpace pages, but also Software Apps, iPhone or Android apps”

Besides Ebay and MySpace, can I use Piwik to track links inside PDF files and Facebook posts? If yes, how?

Please advice on the above, thanks very much in advance.

Regards

PS: Opps! I got a Question #4 to add.
4) Do I need SSL cert for HTTPS in my Piwik tracking? If no, what about those destination sites with HTTPS URLs? Thanks again!

Please please help. I would really be grateful for some answers. Thanks Piwik people!

Hi,

1. You dont need to use a subdomain. untergrund.net - Free hosting for the demoscene would also work.

2a) It works if the redirect page “shopping” contains piwik tracking code

1. You could use piwik campaign tracking, such like: untergrund.net - Free hosting for the demoscene

2. You should need own SSL certificate if your site is uses SSL. Destination sites could use ssl even if your piwik doesn’t.

Regards