Upgrading PHP to 5.3 resulted in server configuration error on Piwik

Hi,
I accidently posted this in the wrong forum area, so apologies for the double post.

Am currently using Piwik 1.12. In the settings area I get this message:
"You are currently using PHP 5.2.17.

Piwik is quickly improving and in order to provide you with an improved state-of-the-art Web Analytics platform, we will soon be increasing the minimum required PHP version to PHP 5.3. Please ask your server administrator or web hosting provider to update your PHP to the latest version, ideally PHP 5.4.

When you upgrade to PHP 5.3 or higher, this message will disappear and your Piwik server will process reports much faster using less memory. Update PHP and get the most out of Piwik! "

I had ServInt upgrade the server to PHP 5.3.27 and when I went to login I got the 500 error server configuration error…etc.

I ran phpinfo.php and verified the new version. Everything else on the server worked fine. The only thing that didn’t work fine was Piwik which is the program that said it WANTED me to upgrade! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I then had ServInt downgrade the server back to PHP 5.2.17 and now it works fine again.
ServInt tells me that Piwik has to fix it. They can’t.

Anyone else have this problem? Got any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rex

We are not aware of any bug with php 5.3 (in fact we have been using piwik on php 5.3 for years)

can you ask your hosting company what was the errror in the error log file for this 500 error? only with the error message we can figure out what is happening

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. My hosting company said:

"I am seeing a very generic error in your apache error logs:

[Fri Sep 06 13:05:35 2013] [error] [client 209.50.226.20] Premature end of script headers: index.php"

That’s all the info I have.

Thanks,
Rex

Can you try re-upload all files? or try files from Piwik GIT Master: GitHub - matomo-org/matomo: Liberating Web Analytics. Star us on Github? +1. Matomo is the leading open alternative to Google Analytics that gives you full control over your data. Matomo lets you easily collect data from websites, apps & the IoT and visualise this data and extract insights. Privacy is built-in. We love Pull Requests!
it works for us and many others…

Will that cause me to lose historical data? What happens to my many websites that are setup with tracking?

Thanks,
Rex