Upgrade problems

Update to 0.6.1 appears "Incompatible archive: PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10): Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature"
Find solutions
Automatic Updates, do not want to hand!
Thank you

Fixed in http://dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/2166

For a quick one-liner, change CURLOPT_TIMEOUT to CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT in core/Http.php.

I accordance with the “change CURLOPT_TIMEOUT to CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT in core / Http.php.” Modified.
Upgrade success!
Thank you very much
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

Same issue here but there’s no “core/Http.php” at my installation.

find /xxx/piwik/ -name Http.php

/xxx/piwik/libs/Zend/Auth/Adapter/Http.php
/xxx/piwik/libs/Zend/Uri/Http.php

Version: 0.5.5

I also don’t have a core/Http.php in my installation, but I did grep for CURLOPT_TIMEOUT and found it in core/Piwik.php.

core/Piwik.php:  CURLOPT_TIMEOUT => $timeout,

Can I change this to the following to allow the auto update to work?

CURLOPT_TIMEOUT => $timeout, 
CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT => $timeout,

I think I’m running 0.5.5 as well.

Thanks,
-Tim

[quote=haggis @ May 10 2010, 07:19 PM]Same issue here but there’s no “core/Http.php” at my installation.

find /xxx/piwik/ -name Http.php

/xxx/piwik/libs/Zend/Auth/Adapter/Http.php
/xxx/piwik/libs/Zend/Uri/Http.php

Version: 0.5.5[/quote]

Yes, change it in core/Piwik.php if you have an older version.

I made the change to core/Piwik.php as I suggested above, but I’m still not able to use the automatic update feature. I still get the same error from the first post in this thread about “PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT”.

Can you explain a bit more about what exactly we need to change in version 0.5.5 to get this working again? Also, do I need any additional PHP extensions for this to work? Or should I just go through the manual upgrade process (please say no)?

Thanks,
-Tim

The problem we’re having is that the archive (or package), “latest.zip”, has grown in size – it is now 3.5MB, and (some) users are experiencing long download times. (I tested it last nite, and it took 1 min 18 sec.)

The posted fix applies to curl.

If you can pm your phpinfo(), I’ll look for another explanation for your problem.

Sent, thanks.

[quote=Ambition @ May 10 2010, 10:57 AM]I accordance with the “change CURLOPT_TIMEOUT to CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT in core / Http.php.” Modified.
Upgrade success!
Thank you very much
style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/quote]

I did this and it still give me the same error…any suggestions?

[quote=vipsoft @ May 10 2010, 02:39 AM]Fixed in dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/2166

For a quick one-liner, change CURLOPT_TIMEOUT to CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT in core/Http.php.[/quote]

Meant to reply to this one, sorry…I did this it didn’t work for me? Any thoughts?

whatwill: please don’t resurrect old threads.

Try replacing core/Http.php with the latest version. http://dev.piwik.org/trac/export/2897/trunk/core/Http.php