Update to 1.6 - piwik can't relate actions to visits

Hi all

I’ve just updated from 1.5.1 to 1.6 and since then i’m getting only empty visits with 0 actions in the visitor log, but the correct time spent on the site. Also, if I have a look at the DB the entries in log_visit and log_action are present, so piwik seems to have a problem relating actions to visits correctly. Anybody encountered the same problem? Anybody with a solution?

greetings
terrjie

Can you please post screenshots showing the problem?

Dashboard
Visitor Log

In the Visitor Log Screenshot the entry at the bottom is the last visitor with 1.5.1

If you need it I can give you a user to access Piwik and the DB via pm.

cu
terrjie

That’s really surprising. First, can you please try to re-upload ALL files from the 1.6 release, http://builds.piwik.org/piwik-1.6.zip

IF you still have the same issue for NEW visits, please send me the piwik URL + login+pwd, and if possible the FTP access to your Piwik, and Phpmyadmin access to the piwik table (READ Only is fine if you are worried) :slight_smile: Thanks! definitely would like to fix this issue if this is a bug

Solution is that I added a 301-redirect from www.mydomain.com to mydomain.com, but the tracking code had the www. in the url, and when the webserver redirected the params got messed up. with only mydomain.com in the tracking code it works fine…