Update to 0.2.30 - Graphs didnt work anymore

Hi,

today i updated to 0.2.30.
After this update all graphics didnt work anymore.
last visit graph/visits by servertime…and all the other graphs are gone and did not work.

Any ideas?

Update: Came back afetr 2 hours and now it works, old datas are show…courious but ok.

Only Flash was affected. Chances are you changed something in your browser that was blocking Flash tags, eg AdBlock.

Hi,

no, beacause it didnt work in 3 different browsers and Adblock was disabled on my complete site. Now it works without any problems.

If you have this problem, juste clear your browser cache, and graph will came back style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

I have exactly the same problem. After updating from 0.2.28 to 0.2.30, all graphs disappeared. The data is shown correctly and piwik is still counting.

I checked with Firefox 3.0.6 and IE 7. No settings were changed. I cleared the browser cache, but still no graphs.

I even tested with a friend’s notebook with which my piwik installation was never opened before. There are also no graphs.

I made the update 12 hours ago, so “hexxer’s 2 hour rule” did not work in my case.

Any ideas how I could bring back the graphs?

Other than Flash, disable your browser extensions/addons one-by-one until you find the offender. For example, the AdBlock extension for Firefox has a bug where it blocks Flash in tags even when the page is whitelisted.

vipsoft,

thanks for your answer. I do not think that this is a problem on my side. I tested my piwik installation on 5 different PCs with different OS (Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Debian Linux, Ubuntu Linux) and with different Internet Browsers (IE 5, 6, 7; Firefox 2, 3; Opera; Konqueror) and NONE is showing a graph.

I tested your suggestion and deactivated all Browser add-ons. This didn’t help either. Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin is installed and working correctly. I had no problems with Piwik < 0.2.30 and have no problems with other websites using Flash.

Also I am using Piwik for some months now and made several updates. There was never this kind of problem.

I think that this must be a problem with the latest piwik or with the update procedure (I copied the latest piwik to a new folder and only used /config/config.ini.php from the old version).

Try rolling back to the last version that worked for you.

Sent from my iPhone.

I update today and I have the same problem. The flash is disappeared.
Can you check the error log of you web server? In the error_log of my apache2.2 there are many Segmentation fault of process httpd

My graphics are also gone since updating to .30. Made no changes to browser / piwik / server setting. Browser cache is deleted.
What else can I do?

Don’t you guys test a new script before releasing it to the public?

I just checked this and find no such errors in my logs. Think I will switch back to the piwik I had before.

[quote=vipsoft @ Feb 23 2009, 04:52 PM]Try rolling back to the last version that worked for you.

Sent from my iPhone.[/quote]

OK, downgraded to 0.2.28 and the graphs are there again …

[quote=etpiki @ Feb 23 2009, 05:47 PM]I update today and I have the same problem. The flash is disappeared.
Can you check the error log of you web server? In the error_log of my apache2.2 there are many Segmentation fault of process httpd[/quote]

There are no errors in the logs that are caused by Piwik.

That’s not being helpful.

Yes, we do a lot of testing, but it isn’t possible to test every conceivable combination of browser, browser version, desktop OS, OS version, hotfix, service patch, server OS, php compile time options, installed extensions, libraries, ad infinitum.

More Piwik is still a beta under development.

Does the demo site work for you or not? http://piwik.org/demo

[quote=vipsoft @ Feb 23 2009, 11:22 PM]That’s not being helpful.

Yes, we do a lot of testing, but it isn’t possible to test every conceivable combination of browser, browser version, desktop OS, OS version, hotfix, service patch, server OS, php compile time options, installed extensions, libraries, ad infinitum.

More Piwik is still a beta under development.

Does the demo site work for you or not? http://piwik.org/demo[/quote]

Hello vipsoft! The demo site is not working for me: the text is shown, the graphs not.

And sorry for being so directly about the testing. I really liked Piwik in the beginning and still hope that it will become a good and stable statistics script. But the last two updates (to 0.2.28 and to 0.2.30) brought me big problems that made using Piwik impossible:

• 0.2.30: doesn’t show graphs
  • 0.2.28: didn’t show information in the Action-Pages-table (worked again in 0.2.29)
    So with each new update, I am concerned that there might be another problem.

Well let’s hope that it becomes better once Piwik gets out of beta.

Hi,

to the guys with problems. Pls can you wait for a while? Let ist run on 0.2.30 for 1,2, or 3 hours.
That solve the problem in my installation. It runs perfect with 0.2.30 now.

At the time with my problems a can see all graphs into the demo. That why i guess that i have no probs wth adblockers and all the other stuff.

Another thought: please check that you don’t have multiple Flash versions installed.

For those with problems, please email your piwik url + login + password to hello@piwik.org with your precise bug report; we’ll investigate. thanks!

The latest news about my piwik problem:

This evening, Internet Explorer 7 (Vista 32bit) suddenly started showing the graphs again. I did nothing before that event that could be the reason (not rebooting my pc, not restarting internet explorer, not deleting the cache). It just happened style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

As for Firefox and the other browsers:
The reason for the problems is, that the flash graphs in piwik 0.2.30 are identified as advertisment and blocked by many ad blockers.
For example Adblock in Firefox (as vipsoft said before): In my case it didn’t help to just disable Adblock, but I had to completly deinstall it for the piwik graphs to reappear.

I just hope that the piwik - team or the adblock creators can find a way, so that the graphs are shown with activated adblocking. Internet with deactivated adblocking and thousands of ads popping up everywhere is not really much fun style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif