Update issues lately

The last few updates caused fatal errors on my site. The upgrade doesn’t complete. Each time it’s been related to autoloader errors. I’ve had to manually update by download the zip file and manually replacing the files.

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'ComposerAutoloaderInite02e2beb31e6163bda800886ed643e0c' not found in /public_html/stats/vendor/autoload.php:7\nStack trace:\n#0 /public_html/stats/core/bootstrap.php

Is this due to sloppy packaging or could it be caused by something else?

Hi,

Random guess, but I have an idea why this could happen (and why replacing the files fixes it):

Is it possible that there is a max_execution time configured in PHP and while you are running the updater and it is replacing the files (which might be a bit slow due to not being on an SSD) it takes to long and gets killed by PHP?

@Lukas thanks for the reply, and good guess. In this case it wasn’t a php timeout, it happens after around 5 secs - php timeout is configured at 30. Next time I’ll set up some proper debugging before running it to see if I can find out what’s going on.

1 Like