Update issue

Hello,

I have an old piwik installation and i want to update it.
I don’t know the version number (i just can see the version number on the source like “@version $Id: index.php 539 2008-06-29 22:05:21Z matt $”).
When i update to the lastest version (0.2.32 stable), i get the error “Translation string PluginsAdmin_MenuPlugins‘ not available.”.
I’ve followed the FAQ ( http://piwik.org/faq/update/ ) about this issue, but another comes :

SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'piwik.piwik_option' doesn't exist
Backtrace:

#0 /var/www/example.com/piwik/libs/Zend/Db/Statement.php(298): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /var/www/example.com/piwik/libs/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(269): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /var/www/example.com/piwik/libs/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(206): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('SELECT option_v...', Array)
#3 /var/www/example.com/piwik/libs/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(476): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('SELECT option_v...', Array)
#4 /var/www/example.com/piwik/core/PluginsFunctions/Sql.php(26): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll('SELECT option_v...', Array)
#5 /var/www/example.com/piwik/core/Option.php(80): Piwik_FetchAll('SELECT option_v...')
#6 /var/www/example.com/piwik/core/Option.php(38): Piwik_Option->autoload()
#7 /var/www/example.com/piwik/core/Option.php(91): Piwik_Option->get('version_core')
#8 /var/www/example.com/piwik/plugins/CoreUpdater/Controller.php(170): Piwik_GetOption('version_core')
#9 /var/www/example.com/piwik/plugins/CoreUpdater/Controller.php(161): Piwik_CoreUpdater_Controller->doWelcomeUpdates()
#10 /var/www/example.com/piwik/plugins/CoreUpdater/Controller.php(80): Piwik_CoreUpdater_Controller->runUpdaterAndExit()
#11 /var/www/example.com/piwik/core/FrontController.php(243): Piwik_CoreUpdater_Controller->checkForCoreAndPluginsUpdates()
#12 /var/www/example.com/piwik/index.php(50): Piwik_FrontController->init()
#13 {main}

So i’m now lost but i have FTP & SQL backups to rollback and try again

Backup and remove your config/config.ini.php.
Piwik should prompt you to set-up again – this will regenerate your config.ini.php.
If Piwik can detect your version, it’ll then update your db.

Thanks for you answer, but i get the same error message.

So, i think it don’t.

you were using SVN version I guess?

set core_version to 0.2.9 and refresh piwik?

Hello,

[quote=matthieu @ Mar 10 2009, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you were using SVN version I guess?

i think no.
If the SVN version wasn’t downloadable without going on the SVN repository, i don’t.
QUOTE (matthieu @ Mar 10 2009, 10:59 PM]set core_version to 0.2.9 and refresh piwik?[/quote] Where ? If it's in the database, the "piwik.piwik_option" table don't exists and isn't created after update

I have exactly the same problem…
And i dont know what to do style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

those who have this issue can you please email your piwik url, login, password, phpmyadmin login, password, and if possible, FTP or ssh access to your piwik instance, to hello@piwik.org with precise description of the problem. thanks.

done for me

[quote=matthieu @ Mar 12 2009, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

those who have this issue can you please email your piwik url, login, password, phpmyadmin login, password, and if possible, FTP or ssh access to your piwik instance, to hello@piwik.org with precise description of the problem. thanks.

Oh, really ? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
QUOTE (Aurelgadjo @ Mar 14 2009, 09:45 AM]done for me[/quote] How did you solve this problem ?

Done for the mail to Matthieu, but the issue is still there.

Please post the version ID from piwik/index.php – that might give us an idea of what version of piwik you’re using. The piwik_options table was added in 0.2.10.

Aurelgadjo: I’m guessing you’re somewhere between 0.2.4 and 0.2.9. Backup your database and Piwik installation. Then go to http://builds.piwik.org, and download 0.2.9. Since you report not having a piwik_options table, you might want to try updating to: 0.2.9 and then 0.2.10, before the jump to the latest (e.g. 0.2.32).

[quote=Aurelgadjo @ Mar 18 2009, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Done for the mail to Matthieu, but the issue is still there.

ah style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif
He had access on your server (or what ever you have) and it’s still not fixed ? style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (vipsoft @ Mar 18 2009, 07:23 PM]Please post the version ID from piwik/index.php -- that might give us an idea of what version of piwik you're using. The piwik_options table was added in 0.2.10.[/quote]
  • @version $Id: index.php 951 2009-03-02 19:35:02Z matt $

ced117: unless you grabbed Piwik from SVN, you’re already at the latest version 0.2.32.

ok, let’s try the SVN version then style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

edit: not working style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif
I dont know why, the install process dont update the database… or just dont create that ‘www.piwik_option’ table style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif

ced117: revert your Piwik installation to the version that worked with your database and report the version ID from that version’s index.php (not the one that you’re trying to update to)

ok, let’s try style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

edit:

• @version $Id: index.php 539 2008-06-29 22:05:21Z matt $

ced117: Ok, that puts you in the same situation as Aurelgadjo. The piwik_options table was added in 0.2.10, so you’re somewhere between 0.2.4 and 0.2.9.

Backup your database and Piwik installation. Then go to http://builds.piwik.org, and download and install 0.2.9. Then download and update to 0.2.10, before the jump to the latest (e.g. 0.2.32).

guys, I was able to reproduce this issue and was actually a bug in Piwik.
Apply following patch or wait for next release with fix.

in piwik/plugins/CoreUpdater/Controller.php

remove

$view->current_piwik_version = Piwik_GetOption('version_core');

add instead

try { 
                                 $currentVersion = Piwik_GetOption('version_core'); 
                         } catch( Exception $e) { 
                                 $currentVersion = '<= 0.2.9'; 
                         } 
                         $view->current_piwik_version = $currentVersion;

i’m a bit late but anyway, let’s try that… style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif

edit:
Hahaha style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif
Thanks for the patch matthieu, it works great now !

“Database Upgrade Required” style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif

thanks you style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
I’ve try upgrade to the 0.2.33.
While database upgrade, i’ve go that warning :
SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘piwik.piwik_user_language’ doesn’t exist

And now i’m unable to change language. In plugin management, i can’t activate “Language control”. There is no error but the plugin stay inactive…
And two widgets are “not found” (feedburner & piwik blog).

There is maybe some other problems but i’ve don’t saw them for moment.
Thanks for help