Unique id from other page

Hello everybody!

I have a custom script running in the site… that accept just one vote for user per day…

How can i get if the visitor is unique today…or not? I can access the piwik database too… but if exist a specific command is better

thank you so much

[quote=Cioroi @ Jan 11 2010, 08:37 PM]Hello everybody!

I have a custom script running in the site… that accept just one vote for user per day…

How can i get if the visitor is unique today…or not? I can access the piwik database too… but if exist a specific command is better

thank you so much[/quote]

if not can i ask where is stored the unique id in db?

Trusting the client is not a good method of preventing multiple entries. If someone deletes their cookies they would be able to vote again. A better method would be to only accept one vote per IP address a day, or one vote per IP + user agent per day.

yes but if i can verify the unique config or if the IP has already visited the site today… i know if he’s vote can be registred!
if i understand piwik… save unique_id for an IP and he save too if the ip was logged again this day… so i can check if the unique_id of that ip was already visit us today…

i’m not really sure if i explain this good…

I want to request to … if exist some function who tell me the crypted config of the user style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

thank you

[quote=Cioroi @ Jan 12 2010, 04:26 PM]yes but if i can verify the unique config or if the IP has already visited the site today… i know if he’s vote can be registred!
if i understand piwik… save unique_id for an IP and he save too if the ip was logged again this day… so i can check if the unique_id of that ip was already visit us today…

i’m not really sure if i explain this good…

I want to request to … if exist some function who tell me the crypted config of the user style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

thank you[/quote]

i’ll try some other methods. thanks