Unhandled exception while enabling plugin tagmanager

Hello there, I was trying to enable plugin Tag Manager inside my 4.9.1 installation but I got an error 500 and unhandled exception inside logs:

ERROR Piwik\ExceptionHandler[2022-05-18 14:09:18 UTC] [c0e2c] Uncaught exception: /var/www/html/matomo_4-9-1/libs/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php(236): SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘piwik.piwik_tagmanager_container’ doesn’t exist [Query: ?module=CoreHome&action=index&idSite=110&period=day&date=yesterday, CLI mode: 0]
Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘piwik.piwik_tagmanager_container’ doesn’t exist

If i try to activate by CLI any error occur but web frontend dies with the same error.

is it a new installation ? an update?
It seems the table creation/update failed somewhere…

We’re using Matomo since the Piwik era but installing Tag Manager just now.
Maybe I need to file an issue on the github?

@innocraft do you have an idea?

Hi @tassoman ,

Are you trying to install Tag manager separately or just activating it? It was in built from version 3 of Matomo.

I tried to activate TagManager plugin by web inteface with no luck. Then I tried by CLI console with the same error.

CLI command was: php console plugin:activate TagManager. After enabling by console (with no error) web interface goes down with error 500.

Inside plugins web admin inteface, TagManager appears as (core) plugin. So I bet there’s no need for installation.

Did you find a solution on your issue?
Maybe you source files were corrupted?

Hello, thank you @heurteph-ei my question was answered on GitHub, thank you for caring.