Unable to Fetch Correct USER ID - DokuWiki

Hello Everyone

I like to thank you developing such brilliant analytical engine for web. Currently I am developing a blog and wiki (dokuwiki) where I have implemented PIWIK to track visits and further analysis.

Now I am struggling for last 2 weeks to figure out how to fetch the correct USER ID who is visiting those pages, and I have searched PIWIK forums,blogs and web as well as went through all those docs. Unforutnaltey I am still unable to fetch the correct USER ID.

I have implemented LDAP for PIWIK and DokuWiki . And tracing those logged in users’ names or email address are very very important. And I want to give last try before I go for other analytical engines.

As per the documentation I have added these lines lines at the plugin of dokuwiki (also tested with adding same on template file – better results.)

[…]
_paq.push([‘setUserId’, ‘USER_ID_HERE’]);
_paq.push([‘trackPageView’]);
[…]

I kept USER_ID_HERE --> user or login but I don’t see any results which I expect, other than the same which I have kept here.

It’s happening same when I use Custom Variables – NO good results which I am expecting.

If I like to add the JavaScript directly to PHP files, then do I have to set :

piwikTracker.setCustomVariable(1, “Username”, “<?php echo $login;?>”, “visit”);
piwikTracker.trackPageView();

[…]
_paq.push([‘setUserId’, ‘<?php echo $login;?>’]);
_paq.push([‘trackPageView’]);
[…]

Your kind attention or guidance will be appreciated.

Sincere Regards