Trouble with 0.6 rc1

My constellation is to have Piwik sitting on do.main where it should count:

• do.main
  • sub1.do.main
  • sub2.do.main
  • sub3.do.main

This was always something not working reliable. There have always been massive differences between Phpmv and Piwik and direct counting in web server’s log.

Web server runs on Debian, PHP 5.2.13.

With first release of 0.6 in SVN it worked better. Than there have been several changes in SVN as well as re-release of 0.6 being called 0.6-rc1.

Result:
Since implementing those changes from 0.6 to 0.6-rc1 on April 14 Piwik counts nothing. In log-table I can see all entries but, it says zero visitors and so on.

Is this a known issue?

Sorry. It may be that some of the db upgrade scripts didn’t run if you’re following our development in SVN – the version numbers have been bumped and rolled-back as features are implemented and tested.

You should either start with either an empty database or pre-0.6 database.

hrrrmpf.

It did perform an update to 0.6 when 0.6 was in SVN. Must have a look at it because it makes all testing obsolete when I loose all data being already collected.

Having chance to import data from Phpmv would be another option to have comparable data for tests but, this chance does not exist as well.

Unfortunately, that’s life on the bleeding edge (aka development trunk).

The alternative is to look through all the changes to the upgrade script and figure out all the schema changes manually.

[quote=vipsoft @ Apr 23 2010, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately, that’s life on the bleeding edge (aka development trunk).

I’m aware of this but, at some point it should start working again.

QUOTE (vipsoft @ Apr 23 2010, 01:37 PM]The alternative is to look through all the changes to the upgrade script and figure out all the schema changes manually.[/quote]

Been there, done that. Nothing visible disturbing code when there is no bug.

To make it clear:
Data are collected but not analyzed. No error message or anything similar. It simply does not archive and does not analyze.

I’m aware of this but, at some point it should start working again.

Generally. The exception is update scripts. These are deltas from the last release. If we rollback an unreleased change in svn we don’t have a downgrade script.