Translation broke flash?

Hi all.

I was updating today Serbian translation for Piwik 1.1 and all of the sudden I was unable to see flash components of Piwik. Tables are displayed but no graphs and vidgets. Piwik says Displaying Graphs in Piwik requires Flash >= 10.0.0 but I have it installed, it worked this morning normally. Even don’t have drop down list to change display language I changed language for admin to en manually in mysql table piwik_user_language, language changed to English but still no flash.

Can it be that some broken translation string is cause of this?

I have Piwik 1.0 installed on other site (where I didn’t changed language files yet) and everything is displayed just fine so I assume it is not browser related problem.

Thanks in advance.

No, PDFReports plugin broke it. I disabled plugin now and flash works again.

what browser were you using?

Firefox 3.6.13 on Arch Linux. Today I updated Piwik to 1.1.1 and problem still persists: with PDFReports plugin enabled - no flash

PDFReports breaks javascript stuff for me too. Using firefox 3.6 on Ubuntu.

Do you see any Javascript error ? any other information that might be useful?

if you look on demo.piwik.org does it work? the PDF report is enabled there.

See attached screenshots. jQuery claims not to be loading on the later, but when I try to directly access the link provided in the source, the file loads just fine. Not sure what’s going on there.

If you would like to debug it some more, I can give you a login to the instance I have setup where this is happening… it doesn’t bother me though, I’ve never used that plugin before so disabling it is good enough for me.

Do you see the same error on demo.piwik.org ?

can you try and delete tmp/assets/* files and refresh (with PDF reports) to see if it was an out of date asset file?

rm -rf tmp/assets/* fixed it for me. Thanks!

If I remove tmp/assets flash works. But, when I deactivate and activate PDF plugin again, it does not work again. I am too not using this PDF anyway…

Interesting… Disabling & re-enabling the PDF plugin breaks flash for me as well. No javascript errors this time though.