Tracking Visitors by Site

I need to track visitors by site for Internal website. Since users access our intranet internally only how can I do this? IP address users are coming from would be their locally assigned IP provided by our DHCP servers.

In case you want to only track subpages I would suggest you to put a new tracking-code into those sites. Easiest way (:

Attention: The root-page will then not track the subpage anymore, you would need to find a work-around if you still want your root-page to track that specific subpage! (I never needed to track both at the same time, so I don’t have a workaround at hand)

So long,
A.Kalkhoff

Thanks for your reply but maybe I need to be more clear in my topic.
I need to track users accessing my site by their geographical location. Since this is an intranet site and all users access via WAN their IP addresses are not public and the geo plugin I beleive will not help me. I do know the IP Ranges for each physical site location of our offices and plants.

Sounds like you want to have a small map only showing your offices & plants (based on the scale, maybe even within just one country), that would probably result in coding your own geoIP-map… Wouldn’t want to share positions in that case.
Probably best you state the scale of your company and/or what exactly you do want the map to be able to, so others can help better. I’m out, as I can’t help any more, sorry.

So long,
A.Kalkhoff

Since you are part of a wan then geo Ip will not work for you as most likely your IT will NAT alot of the traffic across the WAN.

The only thing I could think of is make a custom goal whereby you know the various IPs, create a goal whereby IP#1 = country one or city 1 PV, then IP # 2 etc. etc.

Make a sort of lookup table that way so results equal each city or country.(I havent done this but perhaps teh goal is a way to do so). Maybe someone else can direct the custom goal management to help here.

Good news: GeoIP is now integrated in Piwik, enabling Accurate Visitors Geolocation in your Analytics reports. To enable GeoIP go to the Settings > Geolocation admin page, and follow the short instructions.

You can also get an even more accurate Country & City Database from here to enjoy top accuracy in detecting your visitors locations.

See also the documentation about Geolocation - Analytics Reports in Piwik.

That’s good news alright but it doesn’t do help this scenario at all. Is it possible to edit the IP address table in the GeoLiteCity database table?